Would a Midas blenny get along with a tailspot in a 40gal?

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tailspot blenny in a 40 gal, I have a starry blenny in there that’s bullying him to no end and I’m removing him asap. Im absolutely in love with blennies and I’m very sad I’m having to rehome my starry blenny but I’m not going to tolerate fish bullies. Do you guys think he could be replaced with a Midas with no issue? I love my tailspot and don’t want him to be bullied, but my stock list is kind of lacking as I’m pretty picky when it comes to fish.

Absolutely Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tailspot blenny in a 40 gal, I have a starry blenny in there that’s bullying him to no end and I’m removing him asap. Im absolutely in love with blennies and I’m very sad I’m having to rehome my starry blenny but I’m not going to tolerate fish bullies. Do you guys think he could be replaced with a Midas with no issue? I love my tailspot and don’t want him to be bullied, but my stock list is kind of lacking as I’m pretty picky when it comes to fish.
Midas Blennies are usually very peaceful. I don’t see an issue

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas Blennies are usually very peaceful. I don’t see an issue
Thank you, I hope this is the case lol, I was just so bummed to see the starry blenny picking on the tailspot. The tailspots been showing stress stripes and hanging out in really odd places to avoid confrontation. I just wish all fish could get along

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40B fish list is:

1 Midas Blenny
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Ocellaris Clownfish (had 2 but get rid of the female due to being a bully to the male clown)
1 Ornate Leopard Wrasse
1 Hector's Goby

Midas and Tailspot don't bully in my tank....fish have personality

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40B fish list is:

1 Midas Blenny
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Ocellaris Clownfish (had 2 but get rid of the female due to being a bully to the male clown)
1 Ornate Leopard Wrasse
1 Hector's Goby

Awesome thank you so much!

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish do you have? I find it difficult to find fish that are peaceful that are for 40g or less for sale. When I do identify a fish that could work in a 40B then I can't locate one.

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other fish do you have? I find it difficult to find fish that are peaceful that are for 40g or less for sale. When I do identify a fish that could work in a 40B then I can't locate one.
I have 2 occelaris clowns, a purple firefish + a normal red one, a watchman goby, a pike blenny (doesn’t act like any other blenny and is very cool), the tailspot, and the starry but not for much longer lol. Plan to get a captive bred dragonete in the future but am still doing research on peoples experiences with them being raised on mysis+brine+pods

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40B fish list is:

1 Midas Blenny
1 Tailspot Blenny
1 Ornate Leopard Wrasse
1 Hector's Goby

Is your leopard wrasse pretty peaceful? I think so many wrasses are gorgeous but I’m so skeptical about them because of all the horror stories

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas blennies were all ***** but I didn’t try them with a Tailspot. They were being ***** more to the open water swimmers. If you google Midas blenny aggressive, lots of posts with similar issues but others cause no problem. This fish seems all over the map for temperament. But you could always remove it if it becomes a problem.

OP
OP
gatorcream

gatorcream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas blennies were all ***** but I didn’t try them with a Tailspot. They were being ***** more to the open water swimmers. If you google Midas blenny aggressive, lots of posts with similar issues but others cause no problem. This fish seems all over the map for temperament. But you could always remove it if it becomes a problem.
Did you have them added first, last, or in the middle? It seems like some fish don’t become jerks if they’re added last but others don’t care whatsoever.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank looks like I have no fish. They run and hide as soon as they see a human moving except for the Blenny. The Blenny is like a puppy. He will go across the tank to his spot waiting for food.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have them added first, last, or in the middle? It seems like some fish don’t become jerks if they’re added last but others don’t care whatsoever.
towards the end of stocking. I know LA says they may vex other planktivores. I guess this makes sense since they are also a planktivore. I believe they are trying to mimic a anthia.

Ofc that may mean a tailspot will get ignored.

Oddly enough my friend had a tail spot and starry in a 60 cube with no issues...

dang fish... always doing whatever they want lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back