Would I regret this?

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a 40b with a R60 Sanrise. I run 16% white, 100% blue, 100% RB and 80% UV.

I am upgrading to a 90g soon. I have planned on going with two t247's. But I'm worried I will not like the color of the lighting compared to what I am running now. Initial cost being a good amount higher on the R60 is what has me thinking of the switch.
Any thoughts on this?

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I really like about the t247's is I can just solder in some replacements if I don't like the color. The r60, I can but I feel like there alot more chance of messing it up since it uses replaceable plates with the leds on them. I don't like chancing melting one of the plates as they are like $10 for one and I have yet to actually see them in stock anywhere.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I really like about the t247's is I can just solder in some replacements if I don't like the color. The r60, I can but I feel like there alot more chance of messing it up since it uses replaceable plates with the leds on them. I don't like chancing melting one of the plates as they are like $10 for one and I have yet to actually see them in stock anywhere.
(lol)
I'm just tagging along for the ride :confused:, but can you post a link to the t247's?

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why, did I start something I shouldnt have?

http://www.oceanrevivellc.com/goods.php?id=19

Theres gobs of members here running the t247's with great success...I'm always second guessing everything I do though.
You should have started the thread.

I've just never seen those and thanks for sharing :)

At the first of 2017 I made a $900 lighting boo boo :(, so understand that you want some expertise.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom pic is a screen shot from a guy on youtube, Rico's Aquarium, he's running t247's and two Coral+ t5's.

This is a member here running just t247's with some changed diodes.
p1490219-jpg.394440

rico.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy !!

I wouldn’t worry about depth at all on either of the little lights. It sounds more astetic and $$.

You’d have to see them in person to see if it’s a color match , or you can look for the spectral chart from the manufacturer. If they look similar they look the same. I’m an SB reflight guy, so when I saw it favored the violet / royal blue I went with them. Same color as my orbits , and I like purple. Lol.

As far as the diy change , dunno how hard that is , to do and basically to figure out what diodes to swap. But some folks like to solder , me no.

Why won’t the sanrise work on the new 90? Smaller unit ?

A fwiw, were I to Light a 48w tank , I’d use 3 -4 t247,(coverage) so the price would decide that for me (if I approved of the color).
I went with 3 16in SB B.B. on my 48w for that reason.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After adding stuff up, I'd only be alittle bit cheaper if I were to just run two t247's than to just buy one more Sanrise. One more would be about 44" of fixture. So a good amount more of coverage vs the two Ocean Revives. Think I will just get another sanrise. Might have been a pointless thread haha but it helps saying it to others to convince myself what I want. Ask Markolot, I bug him all the time.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After adding stuff up, I'd only be alittle bit cheaper if I were to just run two t247's than to just buy one more Sanrise. One more would be about 44" of fixture. So a good amount more of coverage vs the two Ocean Revives. Think I will just get another sanrise. Might have been a pointless thread haha but it helps saying it to others to convince myself what I want. Ask Markolot, I bug him all the time.
No worries , were all sounding boards here working it out.

I do wish this place had sandwiches and beer.

OP
OP
slowngreen

slowngreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant go back now, just popped over to ReefBreeders and ordered it. Was on sale too, yay. Thanks man.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back