Would these 3 fish thrive together in a 10g

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, would these 3 fish be fine together in a 10 gallon?

-Firefish
-Green clown goby
-Yasha goby or wheelers goby

If they won't work together I'll re-home the green clown goby, please lmk

It's a 10 gallon with 10 lbs of sand, 10 lbs of rock, a Seachem Tidal 35hob filter, a 528gph power head and weekly 20% water changes, 3 months old.

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yasha goby and green clown goby would but personally 10 gallons is a little small for a Firefish
I do agree that it's not the most ideal setup for a firefish but I do think he'd still be fine long term in the 10 gallon. I already own the firefish, I'm just moving him out of my 40 gallon into the 10 cuz he's kind of skittish around bigger fish

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do agree that it's not the most ideal setup for a firefish but I do think he'd still be fine long term in the 10 gallon. I already own the firefish, I'm just moving him out of my 40 gallon into the 10 cuz he's kind of skittish around bigger fish
What I really want to know is if all three would be okay together or should I limit it to the firefish and one goby

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish I could comment on compatibility. I can testify that the longest I ever kept a fire fish alive was when he spent most of his life in my 10g cube so tank size should not be an issue. I had him in there for over 2 years.

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those 3 fish are fine in a ten gallon together just make sure you have lots of caves because they are all cave lovers also if possible get the shrimp goby a pistol shrimp the best pistol shrimp for that size tank is a candy cane pistol shrimp
Yeah I got lots of nooks crannies for them to hide into. I do indeed plan on getting a pistol shrimp for the Yasha. The clown goby is rarely ever seen and hides in the rocks, only comes out to eat haha.

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I know it's a little small but I just wanted to make sure it was still sustainable

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pistol shrimp require about 2 - 3 inches of sand to make a proper burrow
In the tanks I have seen in person it looks like the majority of the sand bed is quite a bit shallower, maybe around the 1 to 1.5'' mark and the shrimp will mound it up where he wants it.

Of course this is just observation of others tanks. I have never kept one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back