Wrangy's 50g SPS Cube

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I've been a long time Aussie lurker and I took some shots of my corals the other day so I thought I'd pop them up here :)
I have a 2ft cube reef tank that's been setup completely for sps, acropora species in particular and of course my t. maxima clam. I run leds over the tank and have been since day dot. I have an rlss r6-i skimmer on the tank and as of a month ago I'm running a full zeovit setup :) I'll post some more info later on but the tank has been running for a year now and in the last couple of months has matured heaps and it's been really noticeable! But without further ado:

Completed my weekly water change yesterday and while I hadn't turned on one of my Tunze's I thought I'd get a few shots of corals and what they're looking like after having zeo running for three weeks and let me say there's some decent improvements in there!

I'll start off with my zoa's, ric's and non-sps corals as they just grow and live happily in the tank without much intervention:
My Royal Gramma features in both these shots with the ric's as his cave is right next to the ric garden :)

My favourite blue zoa's have exploded since starting zeo and the true Darth Mauls are growing really well too :)

The rest of the zoa's, my other favourites and the greeny coloured ones as they have some awesome patterning, not sure if you can see it in the photo's though. I love red people eaters too, simple zoa's but so nice :)

My lovely lobo, nearly always puffy and happy since starting zeo and colours are going strong:

And now for the main show lol the reason I started zeo and it has been a worthy investment too!
This guy has only been in the tank for a couple of weeks and is starting to show some real potential, it's also growing really well too like most of the acro's in the tank :)

This acro is really starting to show colours now, slowly moving off the brown-teal that it's been for months and now showing it's greens, the shaded polyps are a florescent green too, it's pretty amazing!

Starting to lose the brown too and colour up:

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This milli is much happier since removing the dead portions and starting zeo, colours haven't changed much but the underlying green is coming out nicely:

Some nice green zoa's that came along with the LR and a 'tri-colour' acro that is slowly turning purple lol it didn't ship well so it's been a long slow process getting it's true colours back but it's getting there!

This shot is darker as the coral is under the lights and I needed to shade it to get a pic without light reflections lol but this guy is really nice and is starting to really grow after not doing much since getting it :)

This pink-red tabling acro is one of my favourites and grows really well and has some awesome colour that is getting even better :)

This acro would have to have one of the best colour combinations and colours in the tank and of sps that I've seen, definitely one of the superstars of the tank haha Growing really well too:

This acro would have to (at the moment) have the best colours in the tank, the emerald green is amazing and it's growing so fast too, the colours get better almost daily it's seriously amazing. One of my favourites!

Not a great shot but this acro is really pinking up! Supposedly is meant to have blue tips but we'll see if they develop, I'm happy with the colours as is though :)

Rainbow monti that only has green polyps at the moment haha but it's growing slowly so it'll rainbow up eventually, hopefully lol:

Another one of my favourites (I'll be honest they pretty much all are :p lol):

Some misc frag rack shots :) And the big pale acro is a new milli that has some real potential, I just need to wait and I'm a patient guy so it's going to be a stunner!

You can really see the emerald of the fuzzy acro in the side of this shot:

And finally what would a photo update be without a shot of the absolute love of my tank be!! I absolutely adore my maxima and having a clam in the tank is something that just makes me so happy and enthusiastic about the tank too!

Hope you enjoy the shots :) Any comments or questions are more than welcome!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks mate :)

A bit more info in the tank than that quick post lol

I've been running this beauty for just over a year now (weeks since it turned one!). I intially set the tank up with the wholehearted purpose of running an sps dominated tank with as much acropora as I could fit in it. If there's one thing I truly love it's those pretty sticks! As much of a pain as they can be haha. The other aim of the tank was (and now is) the ability to grow and keep a clam happy, my t. maxima has been in the tank since early December 2013 and has grown happily and quite considerably since then :) Adding about two or three layers since then. I've always been aquatically inclined and wanted a reef tank for quite some time and after months of waiting last year I was finally able to get my tank. The original intention was to get an RSM130D but due to stocking here in Aus I ditched that after waiting so long and instead decided that I was going to get a CADE HL600, which is a 2ft opti-clear tank with a stand, sump, overflow and plumbing all included in it. My misfortune in waiting so long turned into my luck with it and I got an awesome deal on the tank too. My equipment list is as follows and has been there since day one:
Skimmer: RLSS R6-i
Lighting: Illumagic Blaze 60cm model (About 100watts of LED power, 32 3w CREE led's)
Return: Chinese 2000Lph pump due to my ehiem crapping itself and I haven't replaced it yet but the pump does okay.
Circulation: 2x Tunze 6045's recently purchased 2x Jebao RW-8's to add random flow and motion rather than laminar flow.
ZEO Reactor: Fish Street 1L Reactor
Dosing Pump: Kamoer 3-channel

I dose 2-part at the moment due to Mg not being consumed. I use Fauna Marin Ca and Alk for that and I also have Acropower being dosed 1ml per day as well. The ZEOvit supplements I use are Coral Vitalizer for coral food, Bio-mate for phos reduction as my rock is leaching at the moment which is why there's algae, Coral Snow who doesn't love clarity, Sponge Power for the sponges and clam and I have xtra on stand by but I'm waiting for lower nutrients before using that :)

I used all LR in my setup which has given me some algae headaches for the last 6 months or so but it's never really bothered me due to it not really effecting anything but the ZEOvit is absolutely killing it further after the tank really started to mature, there's still algae around but it's a fraction of what it once was. Happy days for me regardless. I use natural saltwater as I have access to high quality water and the tank has never complained about it, phos levels are low too.

I have mainly acropora species in the tank with about 10 or so different species and pieces. I have a small ricordea yuma garden that grows really well and a zoa garden around the base of my clam that has probably 20 different zoa's. One lobo and and a couple of nice montipora frags :) That's my corals in the tank and they all do really well and have exploded since starting zeo a month ago. And a little green rock flower anemone :)

My fish list is as follows, in order of addition to the tank:
- Flame Hawkfish
- Royal Gramma
- Yellow Tail Pygmy Angelfish
- 2x female Dispar Anthias
- Juvenile female Bellus Angelfish
Everyone gets along well and is happy and they all eat like pigs and most are happy being hand feed too. I have a huge love of angelfish and the two get along well, I would have butterflyfish as well but alas the tank is nowhere near big enough for them! That's all I can really think of at the moment but any questions are welcome :)

Back