OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and get some much nicer pics tonight but the hardest part is going to be deciding on how and where I'm going to place all the acro's haha it was such a good day and I feel HEAPS better about the tank after making some progress! I still have a little bit of water left over (~15L) which I'll use to do a quick siphon of some of the gunk that's laying around from the changes! :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, as promised some new pictures :D It's definitely a vast improvement on the previous scape and it still needs some touching up but I'm really happy with it!
rescapedFTS.jpg

left rescape.jpg

The dendros on the island are coming out slowly :D
dendro.JPG

And a little bit of side **** lol
sideboob.jpg

As you can see, things have suffered a little bit from just being not able to give the tank the attention it needs and deserves but that's an unfortunately sh!tty side to certain things in life :( but that's being forced behind me and we're going to be marching on to much more glorious things!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am an SPS dominant guy but everytime I look at your pictures, my eyes go right to the yellow hammer everytime. That thing is awesome!
I'm definitely an sps guy as well but sometimes even the flubber can do me in haha I simply couldn'ty pass up such an incredible piece!!

I like the new rock work. Did you ever notice anything bad with the crab?
Thanks Bubba :D It's going to look even better with pieces mounted too!!
A few small fish disappeared without a trace :( He's definitely to blame there!!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m digging the new scape, were you able to scrap those pink and golds?

This will give you room for things to grow upwards! Just wish there was a little more height somewhere in there...
haha to be honest I actually just went with the simple method of scorched earth! Threw out all the rocks that had them on it and the DT is now completely free of them and if I find any more I'll just glue/putty them over.

The height will come with the acro's :) I'm glad you like the new scape! I'm going to use some stags or something to create that height in the tank rather than the rock itself :)

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha to be honest I actually just went with the simple method of scorched earth! Threw out all the rocks that had them on it and the DT is now completely free of them and if I find any more I'll just glue/putty them over.

The height will come with the acro's :) I'm glad you like the new scape! I'm going to use some stags or something to create that height in the tank rather than the rock itself :)

Looking over it on my iPad, I can see the photos better, I’m actually retracting my comment about height, it’s great already.

Praise be, those I had nightmares about those palys for you!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking over it on my iPad, I can see the photos better, I’m actually retracting my comment about height, it’s great already.

Praise be, those I had nightmares about those palys for you!
haha awesome! I think it should work out well, especially once I get stags going out the back!

I wasn't too worried about them lol but it was time for them to go!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back