Wrangy's Reef - 80g of Wrasse & SPS

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha tank is good! Took the calcium rector apart and gave it a real good scrub, found a leak and repaired that too! I've done a couple of 10% water changes as well over the last week while waiting for the silicone on the CaRx to set to keep the alk up to a decent level lol
Gave everything a good scrub and in the process of siphoning the sand out of the sump as it's really gross haha got some absolute fire last week too!! Holding my breath for when my lfs has all his new tanks up and running and stock with primo stock too! I've taken three days of leave off to go and help him out around the store as well lol

Sounds like a true addict, taking time off to help at the reef store, lol.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a true addict, taking time off to help at the reef store, lol.
haha yep! He only asked for help on the day of the tanks delivery but I want to be there as an extra set of hands on the days either side of that just in case! Even if I only spend the day talking haha I also fragged up a bunch of things for him as well, some uncommon goodies so he can show off! lol

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I’ll love to see how you go with them. I like the idea of a small group of the same fish and they will be quite different to the norm!
I tried two before but they got beat up by the basslet and each other so I'm hopeful that with odd numbers and more of them, there won't be many issues :D

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a small pictureless update lol things are doing really well in the tank! I've upped my dosage of Chroma+ and Energy+ to 4 drops a day and things seemed to have taken off from it! I've also started feeding a small amount of AF Power Food as some corals were definitely lacking a bit of extra food and they've responded really well!

I'm in the process of a mind-blowing non-sps order at the moment as I'm waiting for my LFS to get acro's and the new tanks done so I can start buying from him!! Also I have the 5 day weekend of helping out with the new tanks arriving at the LFS next week and I couldn't be more excited!! :D Going to be a fun week lol and I'll probably go in after work on Thurs and Fri to help out with the bucket loads of corals he's got coming in haha 7 orders in total arriving next week!! :eek::eek:

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update with no pics...;Bored lol. I'm glad to hear things are going well!
With 5 days off I'm sure I can manage one or two :p haha yeah I'm really happy, it seems like things have hit another gear which means I should probably test the alk tonight lol

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems my coral have been thriving at 6dKH, took a week to bring up to 9. Crazy, I guess the lesson is, test alk!

Also, mind blowing should be accompanied with pictures, blow my mind, brah!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems my coral have been thriving at 6dKH, took a week to bring up to 9. Crazy, I guess the lesson is, test alk!

Also, mind blowing should be accompanied with pictures, blow my mind, brah!
Yes, testing alk is definitely important haha I will be getting off my butt tonight after work!

Mind = blown
palythoa.jpg

hahahaha I'll try and take some pics of them, they may damage the camera due to extreme awesomeness though!

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as you know I took a few days off at the start of the week to go help out my mate at his store get his all new tanks setup and installed and they look INCREDIBLE!! Here's some teasers but no pics till he's posted them lol I'm not going to steal his thunder haha @samparker and I spend all day lifting and filling and there was also a lot of chilling too haha wasn't a particularly stressful day haha
Here's all the crates ready to be unloaded and yes every single one of us cut ourselves on the steel framing of the crates haha
IMG_4399.JPG

The calm before the storm
IMG_4401.JPG

The destruction we left behind
IMG_4438.JPG

And you'd never even know there had been new tanks delivered!
IMG_4434.JPG

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as you know I took a few days off at the start of the week to go help out my mate at his store get his all new tanks setup and installed and they look INCREDIBLE!! Here's some teasers but no pics till he's posted them lol I'm not going to steal his thunder haha @samparker and I spend all day lifting and filling and there was also a lot of chilling too haha wasn't a particularly stressful day haha
Here's all the crates ready to be unloaded and yes every single one of us cut ourselves on the steel framing of the crates haha
IMG_4399.JPG

The calm before the storm
IMG_4401.JPG

The destruction we left behind
IMG_4438.JPG

And you'd never even know there had been new tanks delivered!
IMG_4434.JPG
Is the hobby popular where you are?

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the hobby popular where you are?
It's definitely gaining a lot more popularity with improved AIO systems and the accessibility of Facebook but it's still very niche here and it's very easy to know/recognise most of the serious hobbyists names too so still small but growing and getting better knowledge :)

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I spent the weekend giving the tank some lovely love! :) Cleaned out all of the grossness and snail graveyard in the sump in preparation for some new goodies that are coming soon! I had a "helper" for most of the time too, this little butthead knows she can get on the calcium reactor to see in the tank haha
20180826_191318.jpg

20180826_191316.jpg

I got myself a new fish, one that I've been wanting for some time now. A forktail fang blenny! :D This means I know how two blennie who don't eat algae haha but they're so nice I couldn't!
20180826_163710.jpg

20180826_163706.jpg

It's pretty amazing how quickly he turns on the stress colours too. One moment in the acclimatisation jug he's looking gorgeous and the next after I add some more tank water I get this! lol
20180826_161545.jpg

I also finally found a goni to add to the left side of my duo! A beautiful pale pink goni!
20180826_153933.jpg

The sump is definitely spick and span and my big orange mumma shroom is just the best!
20180825_161116.jpg

received_288785048378824.jpg

I also went a little hotsauce mad last week haha
20180825_131939.jpg

And to finish it all off, here's a REALLY quick FTS under the halide with everything looking terrible haha
39981923_292115888043190_2536657528113070080_n.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back