OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in grave danger :eek: o_O There's a local here in Melb selling a 6x3x2 with a 10x80w Pac Sun unit for the most insane price and I'm in serious danger haha

FushRoom.jpg

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know man.

Despite being a great deal, that's leaving you REALLY cramped in that room. If that's the size you originally wanted and were thinking, then I say go for it, but if it's bigger than you wanted, I'm convinced you'll never really be happy with it.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know man.

Despite being a great deal, that's leaving you REALLY cramped in that room. If that's the size you originally wanted and were thinking, then I say go for it, but if it's bigger than you wanted, I'm convinced you'll never really be happy with it.
It is A LOT, it's a monster tank that's for sure. While it was not the size I was originally planning (4x3x2 or something) this would be a dream tank and something I would keep forever (circumstances permitting). It would allow for me to buy pretty much any fish I want as well.

It's something that I'm not taking lightly that's for sure. I would love to just jump on it like crazy but there's so much to consider with a tank this size! Some other thoughts on the room layout.
FushRoom2.jpg

How bigs the room?
The room dimensions are 3.2m x 2.3m or 10.5ft x 7.5ft :)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20190920-054328_Samsung Internet.jpg

This setup will allow u to view the tank while at the desk without giving up access points to it for any possible maintenance imo.

Having space to access on 3 sides is a big plus imo. I can only get to 2 sides on mine and it's a nightmare sometimes.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for following along the up's and down's of the tank and life over the two years here on R2R. It was a promising start to life with the tank but it turned into a hot trash fire over the last twelve months. Thanks for sticking by on what's mostly just been life updates with an occasional fish post and just sadness from the coral front!

With the closing of one door the opening of another begins! With our new house (that we got keys to yesterday!!) comes a new build and while the 6x3x2 would have been off the charts, I've gone with a much more reasonable option and will be getting a black Waterbox Reef Pro 170.4/5. This tank will allow me to keep some of the angels and butterflies I've always wanted to achieve a tank like Bryn Roberts or Tanne Hoff have/had as they are my all time dreams to achieve in a tank! Lots of corals living happily with some more interesting and not "reef-safe" fish!

So keep an eye out and I'll have a new thread coming up very soon!! :)

RandyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Screenshot_20190920-054328_Samsung Internet.jpg

This setup will allow u to view the tank while at the desk without giving up access points to it for any possible maintenance imo.

Having space to access on 3 sides is a big plus imo. I can only get to 2 sides on mine and it's a nightmare sometimes.

Edit: oops...looks like I replied a little too late to this one. ;) Just saw the post about the WB 170.4 after I hit post reply. Congrats, looking forward to reading the build thread!

I would like this setup too if you had a little bigger room so you can look up at the tank without having to turn your head or chair. At 10.5 feet with a 6 foot desk, not much room to work with and would feel really tight and enclosed. I'd vote for #6 with the room space you have.

OP
OP
Wrangy

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit: oops...looks like I replied a little too late to this one. ;) Just saw the post about the WB 170.4 after I hit post reply. Congrats, looking forward to reading the build thread!

I would like this setup too if you had a little bigger room so you can look up at the tank without having to turn your head or chair. At 10.5 feet with a 6 foot desk, not much room to work with and would feel really tight and enclosed. I'd vote for #6 with the room space you have.
haha thanks for joining in man! I appreciate the feedback!

New tank thread is now live!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for following along the up's and down's of the tank and life over the two years here on R2R. It was a promising start to life with the tank but it turned into a hot trash fire over the last twelve months. Thanks for sticking by on what's mostly just been life updates with an occasional fish post and just sadness from the coral front!

With the closing of one door the opening of another begins! With our new house (that we got keys to yesterday!!) comes a new build and while the 6x3x2 would have been off the charts, I've gone with a much more reasonable option and will be getting a black Waterbox Reef Pro 170.4/5. This tank will allow me to keep some of the angels and butterflies I've always wanted to achieve a tank like Bryn Roberts or Tanne Hoff have/had as they are my all time dreams to achieve in a tank! Lots of corals living happily with some more interesting and not "reef-safe" fish!

So keep an eye out and I'll have a new thread coming up very soon!! :)

Congratulations @Wrangy
You fooled us all with the 6x3x2 suspens, but i am happy for you with the Waterbox.
At least this will give you some room for QT or a frag tank.
Great choice.

Back