Wrasse are dumb....

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howbdobyall avoid it jumping out? The collinder idea seems interesting to me can prob find one size of bucket and just empty bag into it acclimate and lift out the collinder forba gentle hand deliver to tank... thsnks i will absolutely be looking into this idea!
I'm usually not moving fish very far... just carry the acclimation container over to the tank and scoop it out. If it jumps out of the spoon, it lands in the tank :)

If needed, you can put some sort of lid over the colander (or your hand over the spoon) to carry it from one place to the other.

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly had never considered using a strainer but probably will in the future. I hate having to use a net on the times when I couldn’t just use my hands.
I really love the collider. I started using it when I started quarantining my fish. I’m using one of humblefish’s qt methods and saw that’s what he uses. Since my first qt was with my foxface, I was all for it;)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly had never considered using a strainer but probably will in the future. I hate having to use a net on the times when I couldn’t just use my hands.
I've never used a net. They are rough of scales and such. I learned this during my freshwater days

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know they’re not good, which is why I had always used my hands when I could.
I had to get creative when I got my foxface. No way was I going to barehand that beast. That's when I started looking in the kitchen cabinets. My wife is a champ.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I acclimate most fish, I just float them in the bag then put them straight into the tank with the water from the bag. I generally don’t drip acclimate unless it’s a sensitive fish such as Pseudocheilinops ataenia or if I’m acclimating them with inverts. When I drip I essentially do the same and just put all of the water from the bucket into the tank.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I acclimate most fish, I just float them in the bag then put them straight into the tank with the water from the bag. I generally don’t drip acclimate unless it’s a sensitive fish such as Pseudocheilinops ataenia or if I’m acclimating them with inverts. When I drip I essentially do the same and just put all of the water from the bucket into the tank.
I would never add water from the bag... at least not any more than the amount on the fish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back