Wrasse breathing heavily

Thanks for the assessment.
Here is a photo of the dead Z. flavescens. When zooming in it appears that the finns have dark borders. Could that be an indicator for the cause of death?
#fishmedic
IMG_1242.jpeg

I've seen that in fish before, but I've never been able to attribute that to anything specific, sorry!

Jay
 
The head area of that tang looks really skinny to me. Maybe it's just a port mortem thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new