Wrasse compatibility / additions to tank

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I have a established Halichoeres melanurus. tank is a 70G display w/ 20G sump.

I was wondering if I put a wrasse in an acclimation box i could possibly one or two more wrasses? Is that pushing it for this size system?

I was wondering if i could add a Halichoeres chrysus or Paracheilinus mccoskeri

Thank you in advance

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i might just cut my losses and just keep 1 wrasse
I have a jade, christmas and melanurus wrasse currently living together (they're all close to the same size). Not including the parrotfish.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a jade, christmas and melanurus wrasse currently living together (they're all close to the same size). Not including the parrotfish.
oh very nice. I'm not sure where to get my fish even if I add anything. I thought liveaquaria but seems like nothing but insanely bad reviews from them in past 2 years...

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh very nice. I'm not sure where to get my fish even if I add anything. I thought liveaquaria but seems like nothing but insanely bad reviews from them in past 2 years...
Depending on where you live there may be a lot of good online and LFS to choose from.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good experiences with Dr Reef and WWC with buying wrasse. I’ve also heard good things about reef exclusive. Generally wrasse get along well. I have
10 in one tank right now.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a established Halichoeres melanurus. tank is a 70G display w/ 20G sump.

I was wondering if I put a wrasse in an acclimation box i could possibly one or two more wrasses? Is that pushing it for this size system?

I was wondering if i could add a Halichoeres chrysus or Paracheilinus mccoskeri

Thank you in advance
It highly depends on the temperament and how established your wrasses are.

I have an established Jade (he’s been established for 4 years now) and supposedly this species is aggressive and just outright nasty, I’ve had the opposite with my maturing male. I have been able to add several wrasses after him.

My Iridis however, he’s been established for 4 years now and I have to be careful when I add wrasses as he has been relatively boisterous towards them. And this species is said to be incredibly peaceful.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back