Wrasse Compatibility

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do different types of wrasses coexist peacefully in aquaria? For example, would it be a good idea to get both a fairy wrasse and a flasher wrasse? Thanks!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many wrasses coexist well. Fairy and flashers coexist well. Leopards, pencil wrasses, tamarins, and Halichoeres species are also ones that mix well.
Agree entirely

OP
OP
Pamela

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many wrasses coexist well. Fairy and flashers coexist well. Leopards, pencil wrasses, tamarins, and Halichoeres species are also ones that mix well.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the helpful advice. My next question, in regards to fairy & flasher wrasses -- can a mixed group of males be happy together? Also, would a random female or initial phase individual be comfortable in the mix, or would she be miserably harassed?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the helpful advice. My next question, in regards to fairy & flasher wrasses -- can a mixed group of males be happy together? Also, would a random female or initial phase individual be comfortable in the mix, or would she be miserably harassed?
A group of mixed species does quite well.

An initial phase or female, will most likely, fly under the radar with other males present.

OP
OP
Pamela

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A group of mixed species does quite well.

An initial phase or female, will most likely, fly under the radar with other males present.
Thanks again for your response. So would you say it's a good idea to put these three together --

Blue Flasher male
Longfin Fairy male
Pink Margin Fairy juvenile/female

Do you think they will all happily swim out in the water, or is the female likely to hide all the time? Would it be better to get three different males, or about equal to this mix?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for your response. So would you say it's a good idea to put these three together --

Blue Flasher male
Longfin Fairy male
Pink Margin Fairy juvenile/female

Do you think they will all happily swim out in the water, or is the female likely to hide all the time? Would it be better to get three different males, or about equal to this mix?
That list looks good. The female rubrimarginatus will be quite bold in that group.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back