wrasse dead or playing dead

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i know some wrasses play dead when shipped and mine is on it side floating on the top dose that mean it’s dead or just playing dead

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here’s a terrible picture cuz i don’t wanna accendently light shock him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 193
OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok looking at him closely he seems to be breathing is that a good sign i’m sorry i’m kinda freaking out right now

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too long - I've done that before and it was a mistake - once you open the bag and start dripping, you run the risk of the ammonia being toxic - next wrasse for me, its float and release. I'll try to adjust salt in advance.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too long - I've done that before and it was a mistake - once you open the bag and start dripping, you run the risk of the ammonia being toxic - next wrasse for me, its float and release. I'll try to adjust salt in advance.
oh i didn’t know that

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update i added him to the tank but he can’t really swim well is that just a shock thing or should i be worried

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does not swim well mean.....swimming on side, head standing, twisted, or normal but slow.

Do nothing.....let’s see what the next hours bring.

Cesteban721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he looks like this rn and he’s swimming in little bursts

image.jpg
Based on what happened with mine, he would swim but it was erratic. He would swim in very slow looping circles, like he was stunned/dazed. He did this for almost 24 hours. Then his slime coat started to deteriorate. I had to euthanize when his swimming became so erratic that he swim towards to top of the tank, stop and nose dive into the rock work bouncing on everything as he went down. Continue to watch him in the box and see how he does over a few hours.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on what happened with mine, he would swim but it was erratic. He would swim in very slow looping circles, like he was stunned/dazed. He did this for almost 24 hours. Then his slime coat started to deteriorate. I had to euthanize when his swimming became so erratic that he swim towards to top of the tank, stop and nose dive into the rock work bouncing on everything as he went down. Continue to watch him in the box and see how he does over a few hours.
ok so if it goes past 24 hours then he’s dead?

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right now he seems to be in a corner of the box

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back