wrasse dead or playing dead

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i’m sorry about that you can kinda see him swimming by the shadow i didn’t wanna shine a bright light on him but i’m pretty sure he has a swim bladder problem
Just for my info, why is it you diagnose swim bladder prob?
I’m just curious as everything I see is not overly concerning, I must be missing the behavioral problem.
Has he eaten?
When is he going into the DT?

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for my info, why is it you diagnose swim bladder prob?
I’m just curious as everything I see is not overly concerning, I must be missing the behavioral problem.
Has he eaten?
When is he going into the DT?
he’s already in the display tank he’s the only only fish in the tank and he hasn’t eaten and when he swims it’s always going down like he’s nose bombing the bottom of the home made acclamation box then he bobs up a bit and then dose it again

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience. Let him be. I once went to a friends house who receives fish from overseas and I’m sure pet stores see this. I swore a whole shipment were dead. But he told me just shocked and days later they were all fine. ESPECIALLY THE WRASSES. If still alive that’s a great sign. Good luck.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience. Let him be. I once went to a friends house who receives fish from overseas and I’m sure pet stores see this. I swore a whole shipment were dead. But he told me just shocked and days later they were all fine. ESPECIALLY THE WRASSES. If still alive that’s a great sign. Good luck.
yea that’s what i’ve been doing and about how long did they go back to being normal and thanks for the good luck i need it i’m really hoping he survives

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he’s already in the display tank he’s the only only fish in the tank and he hasn’t eaten and when he swims it’s always going down like he’s nose bombing the bottom of the home made acclamation box then he bobs up a bit and then dose it again
Ok, thanks for the update.
Head standing, if that’s what he’s doing, I agree, is not really a acclimatization problem in my mind.

We can only wait and hope, I’ll cross my fingers as it is a beautiful fish man.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be like 2 days. Also you may seem to see weird behavior while in the acclimation box. They are small and they will not feel comfortable. They want to hide. And feel they can’t. I have had wrasses not settle into normal behavior for 2 weeks. I had a leapord wrasse hide in sand for 2 weeks straight. Swore he was dead. Lol. Buy came out alive and eating. On day 15. If I were you I would release in tank to get him settled quicker. But I do understand why you are doing it. Your call on that

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here’s a terrible picture cuz i don’t wanna accendently light shock him
I am sure glad your wrasse ain’t dead. Ime:
The poor guy needs to get out of the box where it can acclimate to the tank. What’s the point of keeping your wrasse in a closet when the tank is empty of other fish?
Sorry if I sound harsh. I don’t follow the logic of the process I guess?

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure glad your wrasse ain’t dead. Ime:
The poor guy needs to get out of the box where it can acclimate to the tank. What’s the point of keeping your wrasse in a closet when the tank is empty of other fish?
Sorry if I sound harsh. I don’t follow the logic of the process I guess?
i know it sounds harsh but i have a very healthy anemone that ripped a peice of shrimp out of my fingers so i’m just making sure he dosent get eaten

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be like 2 days. Also you may seem to see weird behavior while in the acclimation box. They are small and they will not feel comfortable. They want to hide. And feel they can’t. I have had wrasses not settle into normal behavior for 2 weeks. I had a leapord wrasse hide in sand for 2 weeks straight. Swore he was dead. Lol. Buy came out alive and eating. On day 15. If I were you I would release in tank to get him settled quicker. But I do understand why you are doing it. Your call on that
yea i’m just trying to keep him in there because the moment i put him in my nassrius snail bugged him and plus the anemone which has ripped a peice of shrimp out of my fingers before and i think he would have a really easy time eating a stressed wrasse

Back