Wrasse disappeared

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve checked my overflow box and basically as much of the live rock as I can. But my porky little six line wrasse hasn’t shown up for about a week. I’ve read they can bury and even sifted my sand as good as I could and he never appeared. Just wondering if he pulled a fast one or if this is common?

P.S. added this tiny Hi Fin the last week or so and he is no where to be found either

72309565666__54CC7B67-375B-4BD1-BFD0-39DC014F9D03.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve checked my overflow box and basically as much of the live rock as I can. But my porky little six line wrasse hasn’t shown up for about a week. I’ve read they can bury and even sifted my sand as good as I could and he never appeared. Just wondering if he pulled a fast one or if this is common?

P.S. added this tiny Hi Fin the last week or so and he is no where to be found either

Missing fish is a fairly common thing. Some fish can jump out - then, they flip around and finally dry up small, so they are easy to miss on the floor. Other fish die and get wedged so far back in the rocks that you can't find them, or the CUC eats them.

My worry here is that you lost two fish in a short while. That implies the losses could be related, like a disease of some sort. Are there any other fish in the tank? Are they showing any symptoms of an issue?

Jay

OP
OP
N

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Missing fish is a fairly common thing. Some fish can jump out - then, they flip around and finally dry up small, so they are easy to miss on the floor. Other fish die and get wedged so far back in the rocks that you can't find them, or the CUC eats them.

My worry here is that you lost two fish in a short while. That implies the losses could be related, like a disease of some sort. Are there any other fish in the tank? Are they showing any symptoms of an issue?

Jay
I don’t think I lost the goby to death I think he’s just so small I probably won’t ever see him (may be 1 inch). But the wrasse has just been missing for a while there was no sign of death or amonia spike so I was at first convinced he was hiding but now I am not so sure. All of my other fish are doing great!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If your tank has a sump, check there.

This guy was missing for a couple of days.
IMG_8305.jpeg

P.s. I only found him just a Few minutes ago and he was missing for maybe 4-5 days.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back