Wrasse ID

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this wrasse a few months ago and I forgot what species it is. I love naming fish based off of color or species, so I was wondering if someone could help out with IDing this beauty for me.

PXL_20230113_220936919-01.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this wrasse a few months ago and I forgot what species it is. I love naming fish based off of color or species, so I was wondering if someone could help out with IDing this beauty for me.

That is a beautiful Cirrhilabrus teminickii, I believe this is the Cebu or Indonesian variant.

OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked all over on ID charts and everything. It is close to a phasing threadfin/temmicki, but I don't think it is it.

cirrhilabrustemminckii.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked all over on ID charts and everything. It is close to a phasing threadfin/temmicki, but I don't think it is it.

cirrhilabrustemminckii.jpg
this is it, in the photo you can see a beautiful red stripe below the dorsal and the bright red on the face is also highly visible. I have seen many Teminickii look identical to yours. You need to remember;
Most of the photos of Teminickii are in the wild, any fish will show better colours in the wild because they are getting their proper nutrients.

The other things is, Teminickii has several different varieties. There is different patterns for the different origins.
Here’s just a couple variations of Teminickii;
image.jpg

image.jpg

Other wrasses you tend to see this in are C. scottorum and C. melanomarginatus. Yet you never see individuals looking like these photos in captivity, this is purely because there are so many colour variations between even specimens of the same origins.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Poseidon03

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is it, in the photo you can see a beautiful red stripe below the dorsal and the bright red on the face is also highly visible. I have seen many Teminickii look identical to yours. You need to remember;
Most of the photos of Teminickii are in the wild, any fish will show better colours in the wild because they are getting their proper nutrients.

The other things is, Teminickii has several different varieties. There is different patterns for the different origins.
Here’s just a couple variations of Teminickii;
image.jpg

image.jpg

Other wrasses you tend to see this in are C. scottorum and C. melanomarginatus. Yet you never see individuals looking like these photos in captivity, this is purely because there are so many colour variations between even specimens of the same origins.
image.jpg
What book is that? I need it l!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What book is that? I need it l!
It’s this :)
I recommend any wrasse owner gets this as even though some Scientific names and ‘Vairants’ are behind what we know today, the information hasn’t changed!
B9E5BE6E-4022-4260-BC3F-A54AB1EDE7D7.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Looks like a purple scale Or Mystery wrasse

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.4%
Back