Wrasse MIA? after clownfish babies?

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so last night my clowns eggs hatched and filled my display with fry for the first time. Gone this morning. What is also odd is i cannot find my flasher wrasse? He has been in the tank 2 months, eats, isn't bothered by anyone much. I have a canopy with screen around it so he can't jump out. I checked filter sock and sump and looked around just in case but nothing. Maybe in the actually overflow somehow, there are a couple little holes that maybe he could have jumped into??? I will try to check. Wondering though if he is randomly hiding right now? Could the clown fry have any relation? Maybe he ate and is full and hiding, lol??? Im off today so normally not home to look right now so maybe he does this from time to time during the day?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so last night my clowns eggs hatched and filled my display with fry for the first time. Gone this morning. What is also odd is i cannot find my flasher wrasse? He has been in the tank 2 months, eats, isn't bothered by anyone much. I have a canopy with screen around it so he can't jump out. I checked filter sock and sump and looked around just in case but nothing. Maybe in the actually overflow somehow, there are a couple little holes that maybe he could have jumped into??? I will try to check. Wondering though if he is randomly hiding right now? Could the clown fry have any relation? Maybe he ate and is full and hiding, lol??? Im off today so normally not home to look right now so maybe he does this from time to time during the day?
How have the clowns been acting? Any aggression?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Any other fish occupants acting strange?

I can’t imagine it’s related, other than flashers being a bit timid...and clowns more aggressive when breeding.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a big tank, I would definitely check your overflow (sounds like you checked the sock and the sump already).

OP
OP
S

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 150

No one acting any different. I cleaned out the overflow last night and checked. Didn't see him. Still don't this morning. Either hiding very good for some reason or a goner???

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 80 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.1%
Back