Wrasse Retreat 2.0: Evolved's 270g Peninsula

Best Fish-Jake

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't seem to find anything about pricing/ availability on the C. Claire or C. Nahackyi... Where'd you find yours?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evolved is doing fine, he's been busy with work and life and with our local reef club. I'm sure he'll post an update soon.
Thanks for the update! He has been missed!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been following your post for a long time. Seems like I remember once upon a time you were thinking about two male Lineatus, did you ever do that? Would you recommend it? I acquired one about a week ago, he is in QT, was considering adding another so they would go into the DT at the same time
No, 2 males would end up as just one fish. In my first year of wrasse keeping that may have been something I would have considered, but today the thought is not even an option.
How is the acrylic tank holding up? I'm thinking about a 300 gallon peninsula and debating glass vs acrylic
Thanks, the acrylic has been great. It makes all the difference when an experienced company did the work. :)
could you post your complete stocking list please?
Current stock list:
Darwin ocellaris pair
Ctenochaetus tominiensis
Liopropoma carmabi
C. lineatus
C. rhomboidalis
C. claire
C. nahackyi
C. shutmani
C. isosceles
C. johnsoni
P. octotaenia
P. rubricaudalis
H. timorensis
H. lapillus (x4)
M. negrosensis
Do the pellets occasionally find their way into your reactors or is your manifold designed to address this?
A few sometimes do, but not enough to concern me.
I can't seem to find anything about pricing/ availability on the C. Claire or C. Nahackyi... Where'd you find yours?
Pricing is thousands for a claire, hundreds for a nahackyi. Claire is rarely collected (years apart). The last time they were collected in the Cooks was when I acquired this one. A few months later and there was tragically a diver's death at the collecting station. Nahackyi is collected in sporadic batches, and only every couple years or so.
Both fish came from Diver's Den.
Evolved is doing fine, he's been busy with work and life. I'm sure he'll post an update soon.
Yes, I've been fine, but life happened (mainly work leaving little time for life, and then exceptionally little time for the tank). Unfortunately, the tank decided it was time to have a moment while life happened, and it's far from mature and beautiful now. In fact, there are very few corals left. I am happy to report all fish and motile inverts never skipped a beat during all of it, so there's that going for me.
So don't expect photos for a while, and it won't look nearly the same when they come. I have to decided what direction I will take with it now, but expect very few SPS moving forward.
Lighting was switched up to an 8 bulb T5 fixture with 2 reef brite strips just 10 days ago.

Last edited:

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear all the fish are well and happy :) Sorry to hear about the bumps in the coral road mate but I'm sure you'll be back to glory in no time lol

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear all the fish are well and happy :) Sorry to hear about the bumps in the coral road mate but I'm sure you'll be back to glory in no time lol
I sure hope so. :)

Made an edit to the list above; I left of johnsoni (Which is a favorite of the past and a slight embarrassment I forgot about the newest one. This also says I have a real addiction when I struggle to tell you what's currently in my tank! :eek:)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
es, I've been fine, but life happened (mainly work leaving little time for life, and then exceptionally little time for the tank). Unfortunately, the tank decided it was time to have a moment while life happened, and it's far from mature and beautiful now.
I'm sorry to hear about your tank problems. I'm glad you are doing well. R2R is a better place when you are active so I hope this is the start of a trend!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear about your tank problems. I'm glad you are doing well. R2R is a better place when you are active so I hope this is the start of a trend!
Thanks! The work storm has passed, but there is a (good) life change still coming this summer. But I shouldn't be completely MIA again. ;)
How are you liking the C. shutmani?

Ps. Glad to see you back, I've learned a lot from your posts.
It's getting better as it ages, and it has been growing up fast. And thank you. :)

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope so. :)

Made an edit to the list above; I left of johnsoni (Which is a favorite of the past and a slight embarrassment I forgot about the newest one. This also says I have a real addiction when I struggle to tell you what's currently in my tank! :eek:)
haha the true signs of an addict :p how could you forget the johnsoni!

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current stock list:
Darwin ocellaris pair
Ctenochaetus tominiensis
Liopropoma carmabi
C. lineatus
C. rhomboidalis
C. claire
C. nahackyi
C. shutmani
C. isosceles
C. johnsoni
P. octotaenia
P. rubricaudalis
H. timorensis
H. lapillus (x4)
M. negrosensis

Where's the C. jordani love, Hunter!?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the C. jordani love, Hunter!?
Haven't kept one in years.
Not that it's a species I don't care for (certainly do), but there's other red fish I'd rather have. :)

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have seem to have them all so what's your favorite Cirrhilabrus or wrasse in general?

U

User1

View Badges
Finished reading all pages over the last couple evenings. Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and attention to detail to share your build. Learned a couple things which is always a good thing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back