Wrasses for high flow

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello reefers

my Waterbox 3620 system is maturing nicely and I am going to get corals next week probably..Currently it’s with 2 storm clowns and need suggestions in getting wrasses.What kind of wrasses you suggest for this tank and how many? My tank is bare bottom with high flow though.Much appreciated

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do NOT get cleaner wrasses. They are extremely likely to starve in home aquariums. They need heavily stocked, aged tank with parasites to feed off fish. In addition, they need multiple feedings a day. It’s extremely unlikely for one to survive with only 2 clownfish.

And no, cleaner wrasses don’t cure ich.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends. What are you looking for in a wrasse? A showman ala the fairy wrasses? A workhorse ala the halichoeres wrasse group? Do you have sand?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers

my Waterbox 3620 system is maturing nicely and I am going to get corals next week probably..Currently it’s with 2 storm clowns and need suggestions in getting wrasses.What kind of wrasses you suggest for this tank and how many? My tank is bare bottom with high flow though.Much appreciated
The best option are fairy wrasses. These do not borrow into the substrate. They are very active. Make sure you only purchase one of each genus of wrasses (A pair of the same type will fight to death).

OP
OP
Rams

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The best option are fairy wrasses. These do not borrow into the substrate. They are very active. Make sure you only purchase one of each genus of wrasses (A pair of the same type will fight to death).

Fairy’s are awesome

OP
OP
Rams

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do NOT get cleaner wrasses. They are extremely likely to starve in home aquariums. They need heavily stocked, aged tank with parasites to feed off fish. In addition, they need multiple feedings a day. It’s extremely unlikely for one to survive with only 2 clownfish.

And no, cleaner wrasses don’t cure ich.
Agree

captain_jimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bunch of wrasses.

My favourite personality wise is the sailfin, he thinks he's boss of the tank and cruises around flashing his fins at everyone.

Favourite coloured one is the orange back fairy. The purple belly is really cool.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of quoy parrot? How it looks?
E6D1DF9F-59D7-45A2-BF5C-C0FCE691973F.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back