Wrong time to add corals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsween89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lsween89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2026
Messages
86
Reaction score
35
Location
scotland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m a newcomer to saltwater. Tank has been cycling for 2 months and I’m hopeful (parameters all being well) to get a couple of clownfish in on Monday. However I would also like to add a mushroom frag and a Zoas frag (on an island) I was thinking about possibly doing this on Sunday so that I can just concentrate with the clowns on Monday and I’m not stirring anything up in the tank just before they go in. Is this a bad move putting the corals in first?
Planning to just stick to those two relatively bullet proof ones first.
 
We need more information. I would suggest:

- Post a full tank picture. A picture tells a lot.

- What are your current chemistry parameters?

- What lighting do you have on your tank?

- Are you running power heads for additional flow?

- How big is your tank (total water volume; tank and sump)?
 
As the tank is just getting over a possible ammonia spike I don't think now is the optimal time to add your first coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new