Wyoming Reefers........anyone??

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squeaky that is awful. I hope this is finding you in better times. I had posted earlier, but it seems I must have done something wrong since it is not here. :( I hope your other fish survived. This virus has really caused a lot of problems. I just hope we can survive it.

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be in Casper this weekend. I’m trying to rebuild so if anyone up there has any fish and stuff they want to rehome, hit me up. 125 gallon with a occelaris clownish pair and a Columbian shark. I’ll have my livewell cooler.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to be in Casper this weekend. I’m trying to rebuild so if anyone up there has any fish and stuff they want to rehome, hit me up. 125 gallon with a occelaris clownish pair and a Columbian shark. I’ll have my livewell cooler.

glad you are rebuilding!

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Loosing my 13 year old Foxface Lo just took all the wind out of my sails the most and I focused all my energy on my horses and on my freshwater native tank and my kids’ betta and frog tanks.

I did go to Idaho Falls on Sunday and picked up a sand sifting star, a lawnmower blenny, and a one spot foxface that are in my quarantine tank doing well. I didn’t want to say anything until I was sure they were doing ok. I said I probably wouldn’t do another Foxface but my tank just wasn’t the same without one. It’s the fish that made me fall in love with the hobby.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Loosing my 13 year old Foxface Lo just took all the wind out of my sails the most and I focused all my energy on my horses and on my freshwater native tank and my kids’ betta and frog tanks.

I did go to Idaho Falls on Sunday and picked up a sand sifting star, a lawnmower blenny, and a one spot foxface that are in my quarantine tank doing well. I didn’t want to say anything until I was sure they were doing ok. I said I probably wouldn’t do another Foxface but my tank just wasn’t the same without one. It’s the fish that made me fall in love with the hobby.

yeah you gotta take time when you lose a loved one even if its "just a fish"
I am glad you got another fox face.
we wish your tank well!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squeaky I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have loved meeting you. Sorry about your Foxface Lo. Losing a friend you have had in your life daily for that long is really tough.

Shelley

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into getting a clam. Any advice, thoughts, snide comments?

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a crocea clam from AlgaeBarn a couple a weeks ago.

20200914_161252.jpg

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really prefer being able to choose it. They can live for so many years!

McCarrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wyoming reefer too! Moved from California to Laramie a few months ago. Unfortunately lost my tank inhabitants in the move and was pretty devastated. I've now upgraded to a 29 gallon reef setup that I picked up from Craigslist. It's just finished cycling and I'm about to start adding fish. Are there any lfs in Wyoming without going to Ft. Collins or Petco? Glad to see that there are others out here! I know this is an older forum but I thought I'd try to see if anyone is still visiting it!

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am when I remember to check this thread. Really would love to actually meet someone to chat with about salt water inhabitants someday.

Jackcarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this thread-I'm in Lovell-I know of a few others in this area. Currently I have a 110g Reef Savvy mixed reef tank that has been up and running for about 7 years. Would love to meet others in the area!

TGamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would enjoy getting to know some 'local' Wyoming reefers out there. I've been keeping marine aquariums since 1976.. or was it 77?! *S* Been too long ago to remember.... Anyways... Not too many reefers in Wyoming and the couple that I did know have since moved out of state. I've got frags to share, stories to tell and would so enjoy talking 'tank' with some locals along with every one here on R2R.
Hello! I’m am a reefer from Douglas, been in aquarium for 12 years now, had this reef tank for almost 3. 75 gallon mixed reef. Would love to connect with some local reefers!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back