Xingu's 150 Mixed Reef

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I know it's not much to look at.....YET!
Homemade wood stand, PM sump & skimmer, Vertex reactor. UV sterilizer that I bought years ago and never used.
Orphek lights are ordered. Other equipment is still in research stage.

150reef-1a.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like you have a good start!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see your tank come together!!

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dims on the tank? Looks good
Take ur time.

Patience now will pay off huge later.
I've been planing my 182 gallon tank for the past 6 months...haven't bought a thing yet...

OP
OP
Xingu

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was finally able to get one of my coworkers to stop by the house tonight and help me move the tank 20' from one stand to another. It is one HEAVY tank, glass is 5/8" thick, no center brace.
Now to fill it to double check there are no leaks and to clean it up. It is old and the glass is scratched in places, but I love this old tank. Going to paint the trim black.

150reef-2a.jpg

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like its going to be a great tank. Glad to see someone else is going to use Orphec leds, they are awesome.

OP
OP
Xingu

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, got the plumbing complete and filled everything for a test run.....no leaks!! Shut the return pump off to check water level in case of power failure and to see if the check valves in the return lines would work ok.......everything worked great!! Turned the pump back on and heard a snap, no flow. Removed the pump and found that the impeller shaft on a brand new Mag 12 did not like being one solid unit, it was in six pieces. Not sure what caused it, but I have a replacement shaft on the way. May upgrade to Mag 18 though, did not like the amount of flow I was getting back to the tank. Will try again next weekend.

OP
OP
Xingu

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been about a month since my last update. I have the post cycle algae bloom starting to die off and added a few new inhabitants over the last couple of weeks. It has been over a year since I tried taking fish photos, so I am a little rusty. Exposure was off on most of the 40 shots that I took. Here are a few that I was able to somewhat salvage. Of course the fish like to hangout where the glass is most scratched. I tried to clean them up as best I could. I know how to use about 5% of Photoshop and am a bit limited in my touchup skills. (Put the photos in a different post, return key is not working when posting to this site again)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back