Xingu's 150 Mixed Reef

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use to shoot your fish? The colors really jump, nice job.

OP
OP
Xingu

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, aquarium photography is another hobby of mine, some cichlid folks know me as Maddog10.
I shoot with a Nikon D3 and mainly use the 105mm macro lens. I use remote flashes over the tank.
Fish are easy, I am struggling with coral shots. Just can't get the colors right, even breaking my own rule when using Photoshop.
If I have to spend more than 5 minutes in Photoshop working on a photo, I throw it out and try again.

OP
OP
Xingu

Xingu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been fighting Aptasia for awhile now. Have removed all the rock, bleached and scrubbed it and have it sitting in a tub. I am setting up a temporary 125 to move the corals and fish into so I can bleach out the system on the 150. While all of this is going on, I am renovating our basement kitchen. While that was going on, I decided to start planning out the basement den. The den will now have a new wall built across it to house a new tank, at least a reef ready 180. Now after the 150 is bleached and cleaned, I will start a new build. I will be sure to start a new thread to bring you all along with me.

Last edited:

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work so far.

For aiptasia, get peppermints or a filefish. They will devour it all. That mystery wrasse will make quick dinner of the peppermints and the filefish seem to love zoas. LOL but between the two they love it!

As for coral pictures, I would recommend shooting under T5 light and adjust white balance pre and then once again in post. D3 is one nice camera, I'm using the D700 or D300s, whichever I feel like using.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back