Xp aqua sumpless ato Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
1,868
Reaction score
3,650
Location
Rochester Ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gal tall, no sump, Tidal 55 HOB filter with floss and chemi-pure blue, HOB 1/2 gal refugium growing chaeto, 2 Current USA 660 gph wave pumps on loop controller. No fish yet, about 25 lbs dry rock, all cycled with a couple of candy cane corals hanging out in it. I'm thinking of adding the Xp aqua sumpless ato. Thing is, the back wall if full, so it would have to go on a side, not ideal.

If I remove the Tidal 55, to replace it with the Xp aqua sumpless ato with filter media in it give me enough filter capacity? I run the wave pumps at 50%, so I can increase that. I do weekly to every 2 weeks 25% water changes.

Thanks,
Scott
 
How full is that back glass? And what ATO are you wanting to add?

My ATO only takes up 1 1/2".
 
How full is that back glass? And what ATO are you wanting to add?

My ATO only takes up 1 1/2".
I'm going to add a Xp Aqua Sumpless ATO, About 4" x 2" for the overflow box. I think I've got it figured out, though.
 
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was curious as to what media you ended up putting in the ATO? I have it and have just been running the media provided, but am considering switching to something else.
 
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was curious as to what media you ended up putting in the ATO? I have it and have just been running the media provided, but am considering switching to something else.
I just leave it empty now. I was using a piece of poly under the sensor, but got lazy and just didn't put it back after cleaning one time. You can use a small bag of chemical media in there. But honestly, it's not the easiest thing to take apart, so I only clean it once in awhile.

It works really well, though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new