Xp aqua sumpless ato Question

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gal tall, no sump, Tidal 55 HOB filter with floss and chemi-pure blue, HOB 1/2 gal refugium growing chaeto, 2 Current USA 660 gph wave pumps on loop controller. No fish yet, about 25 lbs dry rock, all cycled with a couple of candy cane corals hanging out in it. I'm thinking of adding the Xp aqua sumpless ato. Thing is, the back wall if full, so it would have to go on a side, not ideal.

If I remove the Tidal 55, to replace it with the Xp aqua sumpless ato with filter media in it give me enough filter capacity? I run the wave pumps at 50%, so I can increase that. I do weekly to every 2 weeks 25% water changes.

Thanks,
Scott

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How full is that back glass? And what ATO are you wanting to add?

My ATO only takes up 1 1/2".

rhizo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was curious as to what media you ended up putting in the ATO? I have it and have just been running the media provided, but am considering switching to something else.

OP
OP
ScottJ

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to revive an old thread but I was curious as to what media you ended up putting in the ATO? I have it and have just been running the media provided, but am considering switching to something else.
I just leave it empty now. I was using a piece of poly under the sensor, but got lazy and just didn't put it back after cleaning one time. You can use a small bag of chemical media in there. But honestly, it's not the easiest thing to take apart, so I only clean it once in awhile.

It works really well, though.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back