Xr15 blue not enough power

  • Thread starter Thread starter gfd71
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gfd71

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2019
Messages
42
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 53 gallon tank that’s 36x18x21. I have 2 xr15 blues with the reefbrite xho kit on each one. I run the ab+ schedule 100% all channels and 100% intensity and 8-9” below the water I’m lucky to get 315 par. At about5-6” I get about 425-430par. Par measurements were with the mq 510 par meter. I was thinking I’d be getting higher par measurements. Anyone have similar experiences?
 
I have a similarly sized tank but with 3 xr15 blues. I’m interested to see what par with 3 world be. I currently run mine at only 35% until i can rent a par meter. My acro frags seem to have decent color but not a lot of growth. The 300 range is still pretty good for 2 lights.
 
I have a similarly sized tank but with 3 xr15 blues. I’m interested to see what par with 3 world be. I currently run mine at only 35% until i can rent a par meter. My acro frags seem to have decent color but not a lot of growth. The 300 range is still pretty good for 2 lights.
I have great growth but I’ve got some high end acros I’d like to get in the 500+ range. I want my homewrecker and angry bird colors to really pop. I was just at a lfs and their homewrecker was spot on and they said it sits in 600.
 
I have great growth but I’ve got some high end acros I’d like to get in the 500+ range. I want my homewrecker and angry bird colors to really pop. I was just at a lfs and their homewrecker was spot on and they said it sits in 600.
And what lights were they using?(question coming from a 2 XR15 blues over a 30x20x16 tank user)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new