XR15 G5 cannot do button reset?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a used G5 Blue. Light seems to work fine just turned on, gets bright and stays on.

I cannot complete the button reset procedure. In the instructions, I press center button until it flashes red white blue, then I hear a click from the light and then it flashes red purple, then if I Press the outer 2 buttons at once, the light just goes to flashing red and white... it's doing a firmware update? Confused why I can't get it to complete the reset...

OP
OP
FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I did all the steps.

im trying to do the button reset so I can add it to Mobius.

OP
OP
FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used light so it was bound to another tank at some point. Button reset will bring it back to factory default so that it can be paired again… but the last step won’t work in the reset procedure.

ReeferSpot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird. I've never had that issue with used G5s. When I add them to my tank mobius detects it an allows me to factory reset and firmware update within the app. Maybe you should try to create a new tank and add it.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, unless they changed something, a new user can connect to a mobius device that is captured by another.

The only way to prevent this is that the original owner added a 4 digit password.

And if that's the case a factory reset is the only fix.

A bit of experience that I can pass on from doing the button reset is that when it calls to push all 3 buttons at the same time, you have to stagger the button presses slightly. Meaning if you're skilled enough to simultaneously press them at the exact same time, they tend not to respond, but if there's milliseconds delay between the buttons, it will respond.

I employ the same technique that you do when you rap your 4 fingers on a table from pinky to index, but in a faster tempo.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a G5 light that will not also factory reset, any update?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back