XR30 G6 for Fluval 13.5

callen.haines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, for the G6 XR30s is it possible to mount it with the RMS so that it is in line with the peninsula not horizontal on the back if that makes any sense? all of them show it attached to the RMS as if it was going over a cube or something not sure how to describe it! Making sure of this before I buy one thank you so much.

-Callen

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I wouldn't buy a G6 for a nano as the spread is way too large.

Just my opinion, you do you though.

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ditto. I have the 32.5 Gallon Flex and I have 2 XR15s. One XR15 is more than enough for a 13.5 and you can grow anything under that. An XR30’s spread is mostly pointing outside of the tank at that rate lol.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, wayyy too much light spill. I have xr15's on a 24 inch wide tank. Even the xr15 is going to have light spill on an evo. They made the spread greater but spread isn't a good thing when your tank does not need it.

I would buy a used G4 xr15 if I wanted radion on a evo. Otherwise look at kessils or AI.

OP
OP
callen.haines

callen.haines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto. I have the 32.5 Gallon Flex and I have 2 XR15s. One XR15 is more than enough for a 13.5 and you can grow anything under that. An XR30’s spread is mostly pointing outside of the tank at that rate lol.

+1, wayyy too much light spill. I have xr15's on a 24 inch wide tank. Even the xr15 is going to have light spill on an evo. They made the spread greater but spread isn't a good thing when your tank does not need it.

I would buy a used G4 xr15 if I wanted radion on a evo. Otherwise look at kessils or AI.

My fluval is under a 3foot 8bulb ati with 2 reefbrites on each side lol I'm used to bleeding light, I just cant find any examples of the XR15 above a fluval 13.5 for reference only an older gen xr30 above one

AKG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh my nano aio uses a nicrew kessil copycat and it was $60 out the door. If you want a nicer version definitely get a kessil. You'll need to buy the stand too though.

I run nicrew on all my systems and I think they are far from the best spectrum options out there but for the price they grow coral and are solid options.

Tbh I wouldn't blow more than $300 on my lighting as a whole until I got past two years in the hobby anyway. Most people leave the hobby within a year or two due to costs so I generally recommend to cut costs when necessary, buy luxury lights later on when you can afford them.

You're gonna kill a lot of coral and fish, save your money for that lol.

OP
OP
callen.haines

callen.haines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh my nano aio uses a nicrew kessil copycat and it was $60 out the door. If you want a nicer version definitely get a kessil. You'll need to buy the stand too though.

I run nicrew on all my systems and I think they are far from the best spectrum options out there but for the price they grow coral and are solid options.

Tbh I wouldn't blow more than $300 on my lighting as a whole until I got past two years in the hobby anyway. Most people leave the hobby within a year or two due to costs so I generally recommend to cut costs when necessary, buy luxury lights later on when you can afford them.

You're gonna kill a lot of coral and fish, save your money for that lol.
Oh no ive been in the hobby for 3 years now, Gone through some tanks lost fish corals all of it, Im just planning ahead considering I am in university so in some years when I have a spot and a more long term tank that isn't going to move as easy as a Fluval 13.5 I would want the equipment to translate fairly effectively

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that light is too much overkill for a Nano. Not only from light spillage but also from electrical consumption.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RMS mounts from like 8 years ago... the lights used to turn/spin, so you could face them any way you want.

Pretty sure that is not an option now. I can't be certain as my radions are hanging. Hopefully someone can let you know, I have never seen them oriented the other way on a RMS mount.

OP
OP
callen.haines

callen.haines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RMS mounts from like 8 years ago... the lights used to turn/spin, so you could face them any way you want.

Pretty sure that is not an option now. I can't be certain as my radions are hanging. Hopefully someone can let you know, I have never seen them oriented the other way on a RMS mount.
dang yeah I cant figure out if they can or not

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back