Yellow Coris Wrasse with white stringy poop.

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by Salty.Reefer, Oct 4, 2017.

?
  1. Prazipro

20.0%
  2. Metroplex with Focus

80.0%
  3. It just ate too much mysis.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

First of all, I want to thank everyone who contributes to the Treatment and Diagnosing section of this forum. I believe it is very valuable for many reefers!

I have a yellow coris wrasse in a 10 gallon QT with a sub-adult mccoskers wrasse. This morning I saw the yellow coris with a long white stringy poop. I wasn't able to get a picture though.

This is the only negative sign I have seen with these two fish since I bought them a week ago. They do not hide much and eat like mysis like pigs.

I am wondering if I should use Metroplex with Focus or Prazipro. I have experience with Metroplex but I do have both medications on hand.

Side note: I have treated my clowns for Helixia or some other similar intestional worm but the white was much thinner and held on longer. Gross haha. But the clown also had the minor indents on the top of the head and side. Both wrasses seem fine with no dents or lack of appetite.
    Could this long white poop just be from eating too much mysis?

Thanks for listening about my fishes bowel issues lol!
    Jordan

Humblefish likes this.
    Tags:

2. New York Reef Aquatic

New York Reef Aquatic Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

probably an internal parasite... metro and focus will work.

Humblefish likes this.
  3. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Louisiana Reef Club Expert Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

^^ Agree

4. Salty.Reefer

Awesome. Thank you guys.

Humblefish likes this.
  5. Salty.Reefer

Well last night was the first feeding with metro. Both wrasses ate and were swimming and breathing fine. Today when I got home from class the yellow Coris Wrasse was on its side dead.
    I am so torn up about this. Idk what is was but I felt like I really loved this fish. Just the way it interacted and swam around.
    I am really confused about all of this and why it even happened. The fish showed great signs of health such as a full spine and belly, no markings, good breathing and swimming. I only saw the white poop once.
    God this hobby can weigh on me sometimes. :(

6. GHsaltie

GHsaltie Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2018

I'm sorry you lost him :(. Keep an eye on your other wrasse in case there is any disease or parasite trying to creep up on you.

Salty.Reefer and Humblefish like this.
  7. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Louisiana Reef Club Expert Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, some internal parasites can be a lot more serious than the innocent-looking white poop would lead you to believe.

Salty.Reefer likes this.
  8. Salty.Reefer

Thanks guys. I have been continuing to feed to other wrasse metroplex binded food which he haas been eating eagerly.

Humblefish likes this.