Yellow Coris Wrasse with white stringy poop.

Plan of action

• It just ate too much mysis.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

First of all, I want to thank everyone who contributes to the Treatment and Diagnosing section of this forum. I believe it is very valuable for many reefers!

I have a yellow coris wrasse in a 10 gallon QT with a sub-adult mccoskers wrasse. This morning I saw the yellow coris with a long white stringy poop. I wasn't able to get a picture though.

This is the only negative sign I have seen with these two fish since I bought them a week ago. They do not hide much and eat like mysis like pigs.

I am wondering if I should use Metroplex with Focus or Prazipro. I have experience with Metroplex but I do have both medications on hand.

Side note: I have treated my clowns for Helixia or some other similar intestional worm but the white was much thinner and held on longer. Gross haha. But the clown also had the minor indents on the top of the head and side. Both wrasses seem fine with no dents or lack of appetite.
Could this long white poop just be from eating too much mysis?

Thanks for listening about my fishes bowel issues lol!
Jordan

OP
OP
Salty.Reefer

Salty.Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last night was the first feeding with metro. Both wrasses ate and were swimming and breathing fine. Today when I got home from class the yellow Coris Wrasse was on its side dead.
I am so torn up about this. Idk what is was but I felt like I really loved this fish. Just the way it interacted and swam around.
I am really confused about all of this and why it even happened. The fish showed great signs of health such as a full spine and belly, no markings, good breathing and swimming. I only saw the white poop once.
God this hobby can weigh on me sometimes. :(

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, some internal parasites can be a lot more serious than the innocent-looking white poop would lead you to believe.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back