yellow coris wrasse

fireman23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting a yellow coris wrasse. Just seeing if any club member have any experience with them or thoughts on them. I was looking for a melanaurus but have been unsuccessful. I do have a cleaner shrimp and have heard mixed comments about the compatibility.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for a long time now. He has jumped out of the tank at least 5 times, and when I moved he jumped out of the bucket too. I was just luck to be present when he jumped. So if you dont have a perfectly tight, completely covered tank, I would not get one. If the cleaner shrimp is decent sized and is already in the tank they dont seem to bother them.

Other than that he is a cool fish and no overly aggressive.

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2. They get pretty big. I got them because I had monti eating nudibranches. I've never had a problem since. They do a number on small snails too. They don't bother anything else. You should have a sandbed. They burry themselves at night.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris you ever had any problems mixing wrasse

I have a melenurus wrasse with the yellow. I also have 3 other wrasses as well, but the yellow and melenurus are both the same species. They do chase each other here and there but they have been together for over 2 years.

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow and a rather large fairy together. Both have attempted to carpet surf but both were unsuccessful. I caught the yellow on the mesh top when I had my hand in the tank doing some maintenance. The yello seems to have its own schedule. A few munites before lights out he disappears into the sand and reappears withing a half hour of the lights coming on, sometimes with a few grains of sand stuck to his face. Ver active and curious fish, always hunting. Hasn't bothered my cleaner shrimp or the pistol but both were in the tank before the yellow.

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a guy in the club in the past who said he would always have one simply because of the pests they would eat. I think they'll eat zoa spiders and several others.

Brandon

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back