Yellow fish for a 20 gallon. Stocking ideas?

jbholasingh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2021
Messages
70
Reaction score
54
Location
Trinidad and Tobago
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 20 gallon and my sister insists we need a yellow tang. I've already had to break it to her that the tank is waaaayy too small for yellow tang or any tang in general. I was considering a Midas blenny as an alternative. What other options are there for a yellow fish in a 20 gallon?
 
2nd the watchman goby. And get a pistol shrimp to go with him! Mine finally paired up in my 20 gallon F3211F19-29CD-4DB6-A2DA-88EC1CFE82ED.jpeg
 
You can get a biota yellow tang. They come small enough, but I don't know how quickly they grow. In todays market it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of when it grows out. (I recently sold mine for 200$)
 
+1 on the yellow watchman goby, could also try a pajama cardinalfish
 
yellow assessor, a wild caught one is a neon sign color.
 
You can get a biota yellow tang. They come small enough, but I don't know how quickly they grow. In todays market it shouldn't be too hard to get rid of when it grows out. (I recently sold mine for 200$)
Yellow tangs grow fast. No way you can put it in a 20g. They need lots of space.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new