Yellow Kole eye tang bullying leopard wrasse

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well. Today I introduced a 2 inch yellow Kole eye tang into my 75 gallon tank and I’m having some aggression. I currently have a canary blenny, a cardinal, a flasher wrasse, a leopard wrasse, and a sleeper head goby. My leopard wrasse was in the sand when I introduced the yellow Kole eye tang into the tank, my wrasse came out of the sand and I noticed the Kole eye tang started chasing it around. It wasn’t relentless but it was pretty bad and I didn’t want to stress my leopard wrasse out (it’s a blue star female leopard wrasse). I took the Kole eye out and put it in qt, any tips on reintroducing the Kole eye? I’m thinking to introduce it while everyone is out so the tang feels like an outsider.

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also tape a mirror to the glass as well. The kole will antagonize himself in the mirror....
And just leave that on there permanently? The sides of my tank reflect, I’m not sure if he was bullying himself or not but I will give it a shot!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just leave that on there permanently? The sides of my tank reflect, I’m not sure if he was bullying himself or not but I will give it a shot!
Usually a few days until the bullying subsides, and your tank sides reflecting is an optical illusion to your view inside the tank unless you have mirrored glass.

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually a few days until the bullying subsides, and your tank sides reflecting is an optical illusion to your view inside the tank unless you have mirrored glass.
Oh I didn’t know that, I doubt it is actually mirrored. I’ll try putting him in an acclimation box and also I’ll throw in a mirror for good measure. Thanks!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back