Yellow prawn goby

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my ywg for about a month and he seemed to setting in nicely I recently gotten him a tiger pistol shrimp. I added an orchid dotty back this past weekend and it stole the goby’s den and I haven’t seen him since. Sometime I hear the pistol shrimp but no goby. Do you think the goby is dead or just hiding I haven’t seen him in 3 days. I’m thinking of tearing half my aquascape apart just to move the rock the den is at to find out but I don’t know if that’s the best idea. Any help would be much appreciated

billandwende

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought mine was dead for 2 years. Seriously for 2 years we did not see any trace of him. He was in an unused biocube that was full of aiptaisa with a green chromis. When the chromis disappeared I stopped feeding the tank, turned off heating and lights to test the aiptasias ability to survive. about 2 months later (aiptasia was still fine) I tore down the tank and guess who appears from under some live rock? He's now living in my big tank. So don't count yours out yet.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm hoping for a happy ending!

OP
OP
Iafrate

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s prob just hiding because of the new addition. Digging through the tank to find him will only cause more harm. Just give him his space continue to feed.
Alright that’s probably the best

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back