Yellow tail wrasse waking up

robdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always wondered where my yellow tail wrasse went to sleep and this morning when the lights came on I saw his head poking out of the sand. I managed to get him waking up on video.

Youtube link

Does anyone else keep adult red coris/yellow tail here? I'm thinking of pairing mine and wondered how they go in pairs in the aquarium when fully mature. Mine is a 7 foot Cade 2100.
20221126_072449.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I always wondered where my yellow tail wrasse went to sleep and this morning when the lights came on I saw his head poking out of the sand. I managed to get him waking up on video.

Youtube link

Does anyone else keep adult red coris/yellow tail here? I'm thinking of pairing mine and wondered how they go in pairs in the aquarium when fully mature. Mine is a 7 foot Cade 2100.
20221126_072449.jpg
Ive seen them in pairs squabble and they have a nocturnal schedule of their own and it funny how they suddenly vanish almost same time nightly

OP
OP
R

robdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sure do have a lot of character. My one always seems to wake up later than the other fish, so I wait for it to swim out then I feed everything. I hadn't realised they had a nocturnal schedule too, how interesting. I might pair it up if I get the opportunity.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back