OP
TX_REEF

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just updating here as i rarely see one of these threads come to a conclusion. Tang is still breathing rapidly, though perhaps a bit slower which i suppose is good. Top of the dorsal fin has what appears to be damage due to trauma, I'm assuming the coral beauty is continuing to be abusive to the weakened tang. Tang is still eating like a champ. Will stay the course and hope for the best, and run another dose of prazi after a water change on day 8.

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just updating here as i rarely see one of these threads come to a conclusion. Tang is still breathing rapidly, though perhaps a bit slower which i suppose is good. Top of the doral fin has what appears to be damage due to trauma, I'm assuming the coral beauty is continuing to be abusive to the weakened tang. Tang is still eating like a champ. Will stay the course and hope for the best, and run another dose of prazi after a water change on day 8.

The first dose of prazi should have resulted in slower breathing about 48 hours after the dose. If it didn't, then the problem isn't likely to be gill flukes. Still, stay the course for that second treatment.

You probably can't see it on a tang, but with some larger fish, if you look from behind, you can get a view of the fish's gills. they should be dark red. If they are light pink or white, that means anemia.

Jay

OP
OP
TX_REEF

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 8 since first prazi dose at 85% package recommendation. Tango appears more or less fully recovered, eating aggressively and exploring and picking at rocks and sand for snacks. Administered additional dose of prazi today out of abundance of caution, after a 10 gallon water change. Will update if there are any changes, or in 8 days to confirm success.

OP
OP
TX_REEF

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Tango’s health seems to be regressing… fast respiration has returned after 2 doses of prazi. I’ll do a water change and get parameters tonight… anymore idea based on video? He’s still eating well, appears healthy otherwise, and all other fish are fine…

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Tango’s health seems to be regressing… fast respiration has returned after 2 doses of prazi. I’ll do a water change and get parameters tonight… anymore idea based on video? He’s still eating well, appears healthy otherwise, and all other fish are fine…

How long after the second dose is this?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is day 8 after 2nd dose

Hmmm, well, I'm not sure what is going on. If flukes had returned (it sometimes takers 3 to 5 treatments to eradicate really stubborn cases) it would not have started breathing so fast so soon.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back