Yellow Tang From Biota

The AP Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my yellow tang from The Biota Group about a week ago and couldn’t be happier. I got back into the hobby right around the time Hawaii announced the ban/restrictions on exports so obviously yellow tangs aren’t readily available as they used to be. Thankfully for groups like Biota, there are other avenues for these fish and many others. After having the opportunity to go snorkeling a couple years ago in the Atlantic and the Caribbean, I’m more than happy, and now prefer captive bred fish over those from the ocean after my experience. Biota has a rather large selection (though they can sellout fast) and I hope the Blue/Hippo tang is one they’ve started to attempt to breed as well. I’m not affiliated with Biota but I’m a huge fan of what they’re doing.

I received my yellow tang (and also a court jester goby) from Biota and couldn’t be happier. He/she is eating nori sheets, hikari veggie pellets, and even NLS pellets. Really anything I’ve thrown at it.

I put together a quick video of it too and wanted to share for those interested in purchasing from Biota when the yellow tangs are back in stock!

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Yellow Tang last Wednesday from Biota too, about that 1 1/2 inch size. Same here, the Yellow Tang is more yellow than transparent, looks great, and eating nori and TDO small pellets.
With the Tang, I picked up a Court Jester and Forktail Benny from Biota. Very pleased with them. All the fish look great, shipping was super. A+++

OP
OP
T

The AP Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a Yellow Tang last Wednesday from Biota too, about that 1 1/2 inch size. Same here, the Yellow Tang is more yellow than transparent, looks great, and eating nori and TDO small pellets.
With the Tang, I picked up a Court Jester and Forktail Benny from Biota. Very pleased with them. All the fish look great, shipping was super. A+++
Couldn’t agree more. Easily the nicest packed item I’ve received from an online purchase. I nearly pulled the trigger on a forktail too and regret it.

OP
OP
T

The AP Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind... I found it.. Ordered one for myself today.. hope he arrives safely...
You beat me to it. I thought they were sold out but looks like they still have some available. Based on how mine was packaged and shipped to Iowa I don’t foresee you having any issues.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You beat me to it. I thought they were sold out but looks like they still have some available. Based on how mine was packaged and shipped to Iowa I don’t foresee you having any issues.
Mine has to come all the way to California.. And my biggest concern is it HAS to arrive on Friday thru Sunday (my days off). I did add that as a note on my order, but I hope they can accommodate my request. Had an issue last month with a coral pack I ordered off Ebay. Shipment was delayed a couple weeks due to confusion, but all arrived alive and are thriving now in my tank.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with shipping and all.
Thanks.. I have been itching to get a yellow tang ever since I set up my tank. I really want that pop of color and, well let's face it, they are simply one of the most beautiful fish available in this hobby.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the price of captive bred yellow tangs so reasonably priced compared to wild caught I'm not sure why anyone buys wild caught, unless it's just an availability issue.

Shipment was delayed a couple weeks due to confusion, but all arrived alive and are thriving now in my tank.
You had a coral shipment delayed by weeks and everything was alive, or was weeks a typo?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had a coral shipment delayed by weeks and everything was alive, or was weeks a typo?

No, it wasn't a typo, but you misunderstand. They delay was on actually shipping them. I had asked for arrival on a certain date and the shipper misunderstood and thought I wanted delivery "After" that date. A few emails later and the problem was resolved and I received my corals on a later date, about 3 weeks after I had originally requested.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it wasn't a typo, but you misunderstand. They delay was on actually shipping them. I had asked for arrival on a certain date and the shipper misunderstood and thought I wanted delivery "After" that date. A few emails later and the problem was resolved and I received my corals on a later date, about 3 weeks after I had originally requested.
Yep you are correct I misunderstood. I was very impressed when I though your coral was alive after being stuck in shipping for weeks.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just lost my yellow Tang, ye kole Tang and Desjardini in a recent velvet outbreak. The yellow was my favorite fish. The og to the tank.
Sorry to hear that Lost.. If it is any consolation, you can get a small yellow from Biota for about 150 plus shipping

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You buy the Yellow Tang @ $149, and if you have room buy one more fish like a Forktail Blenny for $35 and now the shipping is free. It's like getting that Blenny for $10. :)

Back