Yellow tang picking at my open brain...

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a small yellow tang in my 45g. When he gets larger I do plan on upgrading possibly to a 120g. Anyways he is picking at my open brain and in the particular spot that I see him picking at I’m starting to see a bit of skeleton. This is very upsetting as it is one of my favorite corals and is also very expensive. In order to combat this I started feeding seaweed everyday to distract him but it hasn’t seemed to work. He also eats the normal food I feed my other fish everyday like mysis shrimp and pellets so I don’t know why he’s so hungry lol. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is unlikely to change once it starts. Tangs supposedly are more likely to pick at corals in small tanks. You will probably have to rehome the tang or the coral. You could try feeding more but it sounds like you are to no avail.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try putting an egg crate jail on the open brain.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Man but as andrewkw says one of them has got to go. I'd think it kinda rare for a tang to pick at corals.

OP
OP
Nano Gabe

Nano Gabe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve positioned the brain so that it’s harder for the tang to get to the spot it’s picking at let’s see if he leaves it alone

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back