yellow tang sick?

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like i said man I spent 400 dollars are equipment from the store and realized it sucked then spent 500 on good stuff now im stuck with a **** sump and **** protein skimmer. Always order equipment online and ask everyone on here for there reviews

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is the bottled bacteria safe for fish? I do have fish
Yes the bottled bacteria is the same bacteria you were trying to go when cycling your tank you just didn't give the tank long enough to cycle. Any brand will work your Lfs should have some kind like bio spira, dr Tims,fluval cycle,seachem stability, ect there is many brands. The prime will bind the ammonia for 48 hrs which means it won't harm the fish, any water conditioner will either remove or detoxify ammonia your Lfs should have prime it's a staple in the aquarium biz. If they don't get something like it example ammo lock,Aqueon water conditioner, amquil,ect.
Keep in mind when you add prime or other water conditioner your test kit will still read ammonia in the tank because it don't remove it it just detoxifies it so don't add it and expect the api kit to read zero.
When you add the bacteria if you have this equipment turn it off or remove it for 48 hrs (uv sterilizer,filter sock,Protien skimmer)

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty unnecessary. Once your biofiltration has established there's not a need, the populations will grow and recede with the food supply.
Most people I've asked say add it ever time you add livestock to help with new bio load.

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people I've asked say add it ever time you add livestock to help with new bio load.
+1 it won't hurt also some companies suggest a dose after WC and periodically for maintenance. But in most cases I don't think it's a must do.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean ok it won't hurt, it'll likely get picked up in your skimmer but the established bacteria will "win" and will adjust to a ~<100% change in bioload in the blink of an eye, these are organisms that double on the hours timescale.

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean ok it won't hurt, it'll likely get picked up in your skimmer but the established bacteria will "win" and will adjust to a ~<100% change in bioload in the blink of an eye, these are organisms that double on the hours timescale.
Yes your correct when ever adding the skimmer Uv and filter sock should be removed or shut off. I think the misconception people assume is when adding one little fish they should add bacteria and it's not necessary, it's when two or three fish are added or fishes that are large it just helps control any ammonia spike, especially in small tanks or nanos

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I wouldn't turn the skimmer off. Just dump it in the refugium section of your dump.

Or, put a sponge in a bucket and dump it directly on, then place the sponge in your sump.

perk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever advised you that you could stock your tank like that after 2 months did you a disservice....

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been 2-3 days got ammonia back to 0. I didn't put the tang in a qt I could not get him. But I got a qt now. Did some looking around on the interwideweb and I buy my last thing for the tank for about 6 months. A scarlet skunk shrimp. When wild fis can't go to the qt so I give it a try and 1/2 hr after putting shrimp in the tank we was going to town on the tang. To day the tang was out swimming all over the tank no hiding at all and color looks 100x better I'm sure it was the wrong thing to do but giving my f up in getting all the fish so fast I felt I didn't wanna stress them all out even more removing all the rock and netting all them so I will go from here if things go south I start pulling and qt them. But for now they all look happy all but they bicolor blenny do to the shrimp set up shop right above his home

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 8.0%
Back