OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish that hide a lot and hide from light often have velvet -- I can't decipher much from the photo -- can you send a few of them closer up?

It sounds like your fish need treatment in a qt for something.
how this one
20170720_181334.jpg

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It almost looks as though he's rubbed all of his scales off, as well as the end of that fin.

This is a new one to me, but perhaps @melypr1985 or @Humblefish have seen its like in the past.

~Bruce
ya he don't have fins on either side anymore. But he stop rubbing, last 2 days I didn't see him rub at all

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would still love to get to the bottom of it ... Any changes to the water? Anything that you can think of that might have been out-of-the-ordinary in the tank?

~Bruce

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would still love to get to the bottom of it ... Any changes to the water? Anything that you can think of that might have been out-of-the-ordinary in the tank?

~Bruce
no change, I been trying to get the salinity up it was at 28ppt is 31ppt now, he start rubbing on rock 2nd day he was in tank, now he has stop rubbing on the rocks if I walk over to the tank he comes out of the rock work, I did a water change today, all my parameters are good other then salinity is low but I have some corals that's why I'm trying to up salinity. I hope I'm not killing this fish somehow. o his color is getting better to me he was more a powder white to me and he's getting more darker yellow

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely think you are going to need antibiotics for this guy. We need to figure out what was causing him to scratch so badly...

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely think you are going to need antibiotics for this guy. We need to figure out what was causing him to scratch so badly...
I see how unprepared I am for this fish tank now.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested for ammonia and nitrites? That's a decent amount of fish for a tank that is only 2 months old.

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O last idk 2-3 days all these little white bugs show up on the glass and sump. Small vary small. But refugium plant is dieing to.

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty quick!

How did you get the tank cycled so quickly, and how did you confirm that it is, in fact, cycled?

~Bruce
As for how idk this is my first tank. I test water every sat and ammonia nitrate, nitrite at 0

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a test kit at home, or are you only testing at your LFS? It wouldn't hurt to double check, just to be sure you aren't having a sudden spike.

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test every sat and on the 4th sat I bring water in to them

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things have stabilized, your ideal nitrate number should be just a bit higher (four, five or so is a number many folks shoot for - some are successful rather higher than that), but as long as the other two are at zero, my heartrate can go down. I got worried there for a moment!

~Bruce

OP
OP
Psy

Psy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once things have stabilized, your ideal nitrate number should be just a bit higher (four, five or so is a number many folks shoot for - some are successful rather higher than that), but as long as the other two are at zero, my heartrate can go down. I got worried there for a moment!

~Bruce
I'm doing test now I show u I'm not lYing about #

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back