Yellow wrasse leaps to death

  • Thread starter Thread starter FunkyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FunkyFish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2013
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, went out and picked up a sailfin tang for my 90 fowlr, 2 inches for $29, and get home and my yellow wrasse is dried up on the floor. The fish god is keeping me at an equilibrium
 
A tank cover is always a good idea, especially when dealing with wrasses.
 
They are jumpers so you have to screen off the top to keep them.
 
My Yellow Coris bailed and I even have tops! He must have launched during cleaning...that's the only time my tops come of. I noticed he didn't come out of the sand for a couple days...so I went poking around and found him under my shelving. I was pretty bummed...he was one of my first fish!

Sorry for your loss!
 
Yeah sorry about that wrasses are jumpers so you should keep it coverd
 
I have lost too many fish due to their desire to replicate Free Willy.

Even when cleaning, I slide my lid back onto my tank while I am dumping buckets or heading to refill one. Not worth taking the chance.
 
I have egg crate on my tank and found my yellow coris wrasse on the carpet. need to get the netting.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new