OP
OP
TangoTang

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured its been so so so long since I've added anything to my thread and going through everything was very nostalgic that I've made the decision to continue to use this as a personal blog of sorts where I can look back at and relive my reef. It'll be hard to fill you in on what's happen since I started this tank but I will say that I'll do my best to sum it up to the present. So unfortunately, I ended up loosing 95% of the corals that I bought the tank with, unfortunately, I had never kept such a high demand of dosing on any of my previous systems so I began to catch up a little too late. I kept some sps for a while but slowly transitioned back into having more lps and thats where I am at the moment, pretty much fully lps system with some softies as well. I lost some fish a long the way, the naso and a banggai cardinalfish also randy (foxface), he was best friends with Benji (yellow tang) and honestly, after I lost randy, I could actually see Benji being a lot shyer and reclusive and wouldn't come out to eat as much for a couple of weeks. I had my pair of clowns lay eggs for the first time ever, and ever as in ive never had clown lay eggs and unfortunately the mom was being such a good and protective mother that I believe in one of these she jumped and I found her in the back of the tank, from that day forward I installed the Red Sea mesh cover and Ive grown pretty accustomed to it to be honest. As far as equipment goes, Ive done some upgrades like I switching from a Jebao DP-4 where I dosed Red Sea's ABC to a ReefDose 4 with their really fun dosing lines dosing ReefPro's A&B. I also purchased an MP40 to replace my Jebao PP-4. With time, have come the regular speed bumps but I've done the best that I could and I am very happy with how the reef currently looks!

IMG_6668.jpg

I look forward to continue this blog and appreciate anyone who just passes by and says hello!

To many more posts!

OP
OP
TangoTang

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the reef just waking up, the lights start to come on at one with a daylight spectrum and ramp up until 2pm. Today ill top off the ATO, replace the filter floss which I've been doing every Wednesday and Sunday. Clean the glass as usual and then all that's left to do is just sit back and enjoy!
Reef.jpg

OP
OP
TangoTang

TangoTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Sunday,

Today, like most Sundays, I tested Alk, Cal and Mag, not so often am I testing No3 or PO4 as they tend to hang around 5-10 ppm and 0.1ppm respectively. Changed the 4 Filters and changed the placement of the dosing lines for better flow and removed that filter that sat in the return baffle. I'm really happy with the look of the dosing lines there as well. Tomorrow is a pretty exciting day as I've been working on getting a deal of corals to introduce to the reef. I will document all that I can and share it all on here. Oh, and on more little thing, here are the results from todays tests and a photo of the sump after todays events:

Alk: 8.3 dKh
Cal: 450 ppm
Mag: 1320 ppm

Purple line is for Calcium & Trace Elements and Blue if for Buffer

Reefsump.JPG

Here's a photo using the Sump's Camera

Sump.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back