You Still Ordering Livestock?

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 323 32.8%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 189 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 428 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 4.5%

• Total voters

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a coral order in yesterday for next week, Maine to Vermont, hope for the best. I always worry about shipping whether it is overnight or two day.

HeinritzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received an order from Reef Cleaners late last week, but I probably won’t order anything for awhile with how this is going.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the virus cant live on non living organisms for a long time at all so its pretty safe unless i guess the delivery person has it

This may not be true. Generally we are told between 1-3 days but in reallity we know very little about the virus. Some similar coronavs can live on surfaces for up too 2 years and this strain very well may be capable of the same.

I'm still ok with ordering livestock, but I will open it outside and throw out the packaging. Then wash my hands

ChaosAquaculture

Specializing in the Ridiculous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been shipping steadily and I myself have ordered countless times in the last week and everything has actually been early which is a plus.

B98CEA1A-C4B8-4DAB-A8C7-4844B9BD3B26.jpeg

zapbap99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be true. Generally we are told between 1-3 days but in reallity we know very little about the virus. Some similar coronavs can live on surfaces for up too 2 years and this strain very well may be capable of the same
who knows i mean most people prob already have it, i prob have it no idea but i mean yea

punkieg0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS in town have closed as of this week so online is the only option. I did make 2 orders with BRS this week- just no livestock orders.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a pile of snails with out any issues. That will be my last order online for live animals for a while. Usually buy from LFS for fish.

mandarin417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a beautiful 1.5" Asfur angel this week from LA that will eventually join my juvenile Scribbled and Regal angels in a few weeks after QT. Now I just have to figure out the best way to introduce it without it getting beat up! Maybe the other two angels will have to join it later in the QT system.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not currently ordering anything but that is because I took my tank down for a bit. If i was ready to buy livestock i would absolutely be ordering things now when I'm home all day to get it. I would take a couple small measures that i wouldn't normally, like cut open box outside and only bring the bag in, but otherwise it would be game on for me.

Proverbs3:5-6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With current events taking place and the priority in shipping changed how many of you are still ordering or have ordered livestock? I had a cleanup crew order come in last week and everything came in great and on time but that was over a week ago!

1. Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

2. What have you ordered recently and did everything arrive in healthy condition?

still shopping online2.jpg
I selected other. I’m working on upgrading all my equipment and seeking sponsorships. If interested I’ve created a Facebook page and YouTube channel to follow along with my build. https://www.facebook.com/Gods-Sea-Creatures-111239600518850/

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some it probably depends on your job security as this drags on for possibly weeks. I fortunately am fine for now, but if it keeps dragging on for months that is anyone's guess. Hopefully that is not the case.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.4%
Back