You Still Ordering Livestock?

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 323 32.8%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 189 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 428 43.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 44 4.5%

• Total voters

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God I hope everything stays running smooth. Just bought a bleeding Apple Scoly for 138 from ASD! Could not pass on that deal. Wish me luck

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah washing hands all day long.....gonna take the skin off soon enough!...never had cleaner hands in my life!

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently there's a ton of people that are ordering despite the results in this poll. Placed an order last night and due to large number of orders mine won't ship out until Thurs. The sale and extra 10% off makes up for it.

champyeti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some more cories for my freshwater tank but unfortunately the place was already on lockdown. I'm hoping they are able to ship before my WFH is done because it's certainly very convenient to receive livestock this way...

I want to place some coral order for the reef but my wallet says NO :rolleyes:

KnightlyBuzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With current events taking place and the priority in shipping changed how many of you are still ordering or have ordered livestock? I had a cleanup crew order come in last week and everything came in great and on time but that was over a week ago!

1. Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

2. What have you ordered recently and did everything arrive in healthy condition?

still shopping online2.jpg
Going to the grocery store is riskier than a delivery person dropping a package on the porch. Opening the package is no higher risk than bringing the stuff from the grocery store into your house, I mean all that stuff has been handled by tons of people before it got to you. I just use common sense and follow the typical advice (wash hands, social distancing, etc).

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order away until your laid off and broke!! At least you can watch your fish 24/7.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God I hope everything stays running smooth. Just bought a bleeding Apple Scoly for 138 from ASD! Could not pass on that deal. Wish me luck
I am surprised most are not holding on tight to their cash. There seems to be a ton of live sales, not sure if vendors are unloading stock or trying to pay the bills?

=

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got lyretail anthias from Laquaria. Arrived 2 hours earlier than normal and all is good..

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised most are not holding on tight to their cash. There seems to be a ton of live sales, not sure if vendors are unloading stock or trying to pay the bills?

=
just another day for me. As a locksmith we get to stay open and business has never been better. I dont want to say we are exactly recession proof but as economy gets bad people stop trusting others and get new locks or safes or have locks changed ect. When the economy gets good people buy more things and need safes to lock them up or invest in better locks and hardware. Hell just people not thinking lately and locking themselves out of there house and car has us scrambling to keep up with the calls.

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am not buying livestock at the moment I really wish this coronavirus would go away so I don't have so much free time on my hands for upgrades and improvements...
While my job is still considered essential I am working more at home.
UPS dropped this off today a day early than expected and 3 hours earlier than normal deliveries.

20200331_225638.jpg

Guess I will be running RO lines tomorrow for AWC.

As for preparing for the financial future, I have set aside three months worth of bills from my tax check. And have no intentions of going out west for our annual vacation this year.

And the money that I spent on new equipment I already had in my reef savings so to speak. I just wasn't really all that quick to order items due to working a lot I was initially going to spend the time during my vacation

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean the virus cant live on non living organisms for a long time at all so its pretty safe unless i guess the delivery person has it

That's actually far from the truth. This virus is living longer than most we have known about in the past. Up to 14 days on some surfaces. But, put on some gloves and open the box outside (after the delivery person leaves). It's getting warmer so that's possible. Leave the box outside.

I'm a Nurse Practitioner so I do know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've already had Covid 19 (had every symptom over a 2 week period) so I figure I'm good to go! Doesn't matter if I wasn't though. I'm still in an essential job so have to go to work anyway.

Kyuss13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered from Living Reef Orlando no prob at all . Shipped over nite and I opened the boxes outside wearing gloves and tossed the box in the garbage , washed hands and repeat !

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my Cultivated Reef order on time today before noon, UPS Next day from Maine to Vermont.

I even ordered a couple of small items on Ebay over the weekend (not reef stuff) and they were here today through USPS.

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so liveaquaria.com finally put the clown I've been wanting on sale, so I'm taking a chance. Also bought my first coral frag now that I have my frag tank up and running. Wish me luck!

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had UPS claim inclement weather on an order from ASD that was supposed to be delivered last Thursday. Lovely 3 color hammer and a torch lie rotting in a box somewhere in Fargo. They didn't try to deliver on Friday, or on Saturday. I told them on Friday I would drive to where the box was. No dice. There also wasn't any weather delay. ALL flights that had a filed flight plan left from Fargo on Thursday. UPS subcontractor was probably understaffed, didn't fly, and UPS is making up **** to limit their liability.

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind when ordering both UPS and Fedex have suspended their service guarantees and can't guarantee parcels will arrive on-time. Hope for the best but don't be surprised if there are delays, they are seeing huge volume increases, and prioritizing critical and essential shipments, and of course both companies have employees out sick with this virus so they are working with less people as well.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 110 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back