Your #1 PERFECT/ESSENTIAL fish and why?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, my Copperband Butterfly fish is my number 1 fish for 100 gallon plus tanks with live rock. Not an aptasia within a mile of the house, he’s the the best and best looking!!!
What’s yours?
975CE43B-8212-4029-9D66-4B2B4F6E340F.jpeg

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bah, my Copperband Butterfly fish is my number 1 fish for 100 gallon plus tanks with live rock. Not an aptasia within a mile of the house, he’s the the best and best looking!!!
What’s yours?
975CE43B-8212-4029-9D66-4B2B4F6E340F.jpeg
are you sure about that? i have made this impossible. i have planted aptasia in every square mile of the planet so nobody is safe! MUAHAHAHAHA. personally i like my filefish because he is a good helper and he is intresting

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wrasse! Small enough to get in tight places, but performs the same roll as larger halichoeres species. Sure, some people have heard from a friend-of-a-friend who’s cousin had one turn evil, but I have not witnessed it even in the slightest.

My tank is bristle worm, flat worm, and nudi free.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my number 1 fish to own for any 3’ or bigger tank with nothing more aggressive than a Ctenochaetus tang is a Hoplolatilus chlupatyi. Also called the flashing tilefish. They don’t help with anything like algae or other pests. But they make up for that in colours! If you have a tank with the righty lights then they don’t look grey and keep the nice iridescent blues. I have had mine for 2 months and 2 weeks now and the only thing I’ve seen is improvement in colours.
image.jpg

CA120403-E166-4A4D-BA0A-1B6DF73C77F2.jpeg

And anything less than a 3’ tank it would be a goby, I can’t decide out of all of them. However I would love to have a Discordipinna griessingeri to show. But for now I’ll show photos of my other guys:

Koumansetta hectori - Great for sandbed and ANY form of algae (even cyano!), I had an ongoing battle with cyano for 2 years but the instant he was added, it began to die off and now I have beautiful white sand and clean rocks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Gobiodon acicularis - Another decoration fish more than anything but I forgive that due to the Derpy face they hold. Along with how very few other species of goby actually swim in the areas they go.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Stonogobiops yasha - Another perching fish that tends to hide a ton. They’re a rock dwelling goby and prefer caves to hide in. I forgive it for this due to the unusual pairing opportunity they can bring to a reef.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Discordipinna griessingeri - I don’t own this goby species however they are one of the smallest if not the smallest species of goby available to this hobby. They’re similar to clown gobies in how they perch but are also a rock dweller like the yasha goby.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you sure about that? i have made this impossible. i have planted aptasia in every square mile of the planet so nobody is safe! MUAHAHAHAHA. personally i like my filefish because he is a good helper and he is intresting
I am aware of that!!! But one mile around our house there are none.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an angel flame for almost 4 years, that guy could eat pizza with no problem, lol. He always came out of the rocks to eat from my hand, as well as a clown tang which I had for about 18 months, magnificent fish that have shown great personality and of course quite beautiful.

Back