Your advice needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am about ready to go on my new reef tank, completely controlled by profilux. But I am stuck on a bit of programming. I am wanting to do two things.

1. I want to tell my heater to turn off when the AWC is on. Right now it is on temp control, is there a way to make it respond to this trigger as well?
2. I have an ADIN card with float valve attached that I want to control my skimmer... turn off when cup is full obviously. I cant figure how how to utilize the ADIN card for this function.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some suggestions - I can´t test this - and haven´t done it by myself - please do a careful test if you use my ideas

1) I suppose you have a a level function knitted to your AWC as an example I use empty ports on my computer as an example - please chose your own ports after your own demand
Go to Programming Logic

1602927048626.png

Open the port you want to be responsible for the action Chose input 1. Chose WC and the actual level function and - important INVERT the function

1602927204261.png

Open input 2 - chose the actual temperature probe and heater

1602927374659.png

Keep the and function - give it a name and save (do not forget that!)

Now we go to Switch channels and...... Chose the channel that your heater is connected to - in my example S37. Knit your PL to this switch Now it should work When WC not active both demands are fulfilled and the temperature is in charge (Note the WC function in PL MUST be inverted in this case) when WC is active the demands is not fulfilled and the heater does not start.

1602927817006.png

2) The add in card

First you have to fix a diy break out box - like this in my example

1602928368580.png

You only need the part in the picture and the figures show which digital inputs it is in just this device. Just place one of the wires from your switch in the contact that have a blue wire in this example and the other in chosen input number - let us say input 1 in your case

No we start programming again - Input 1 - always on - input 2 DI of your choice and inverted if the float close when up and if it open when up - not inverted

1602928784996.png

Knite this PL 13 (in my case) to your outlet that control your skimmer pump.

1602929129204.png

If you have a level switch from GHL it is much easier - see this thread

I hope you get some ideas from this - but test first - these advises are not tested by me

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your suggestions lasse, I really appreciate the detailed response. You are definitely the king of programmable logic from my reading so far! I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I´m not but I have been working with property automation some years ago and are rather familiar with the type of thinking. The PL language by GHL is like modules you fit together - and at least for me that not have been coding - is more easy to use their modules instead of writing code. Its true that you will miss some degree of freedom in your programming if you use modules instead of raw code but for me it is more convenient to use these modules. If it is a complicated task with many "if", "not", "and" and so on its easier to construct a flowchart in your head with modules instead of raw code - IMO. And if it not work - you have only to decide which modules is used in the wrong way instead of 100 - 1000 lines of code

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
F

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh just wanted to do you the courtesy of following up, your suggestions all worked perfectly, thank you very much! I love this forum, most helpful group of people I've ever encountered online!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back