Your experiences with Borbonius Anthias.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, what are your experiences with Borbonius Anthias? Are they easy to keep and feed? Do they need low temperatures and anything else to watch out for? Online it says 6” tops but do they usually get near or to that size? Thanks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi all, what are your experiences with Borbonius Anthias? Are they easy to keep and feed? Do they need low temperatures and anything else to watch out for? Online it says 6” tops but do they usually get near or to that size? Thanks.
They are considered peaceful and are pricey. They are best by themselves and not other anthias species, they need to be fed regularly throughout the day and one of the more active of the anthias group. Males are more colorful with highlights of blue and taller fins.
They do best in tanks 55g or larger and need cave structures for hiding and retreat. They prefer cooler temps around 76-77 and best news - they are not finicky feeders and will eat Pellets, flake (ideal for auto feeder) and also mysis shrimp, chopped krill, spirulina brine, small plankton and diet such as LRS Fish Frenzy
And. . . they can jump - caution

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are considered peaceful and are pricey. They are best by themselves and not other anthias species, they need to be fed regularly throughout the day and one of the more active of the anthias group. Males are more colorful with highlights of blue and taller fins.
They do best in tanks 55g or larger and need cave structures for hiding and retreat. They prefer cooler temps around 76-77 and best news - they are not finicky feeders and will eat Pellets, flake (ideal for auto feeder) and also mysis shrimp, chopped krill, spirulina brine, small plankton and diet such as LRS Fish Frenzy
And. . . they can jump - caution
so not ok to add a Borbonius to a 6’ tank with a male/female pair of Lyretail anthias?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

so not ok to add a Borbonius to a 6’ tank with a male/female pair of Lyretail anthias?
You’re asking for trouble

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they seem OK at regular reef temperatures, I see.

Wonder what their lifespan’s like, I’d imagine longer than “regular” Anthias due to their slower / less active habits?

Do they need to be fed 3+ times a day like Pseudanthias?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back