Your favorite 10G cube AIO?

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh hahahaha did it.. jump out or did you help it jump out? Jk!
Im so curious how a bite from a clownfish feels like
It hurts a bit if they get like the back of your hand. It's such a tiny mouth. Kind of like an ant but without the slight poison.

And no, I didn't encourage it.. I just wasn't sad. :)

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It hurts a bit if they get like the back of your hand. It's such a tiny mouth. Kind of like an ant but without the slight poison.

And no, I didn't encourage it.. I just wasn't sad. :)
Gonna try sticking my hand closer to the bully and see if he does... “Curiosity killed the cat”. LOL

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female Fire Clown loves attacking me any chance she gets. Sometime just the force of the hit is enough to send me jumping in the air. Other times she is skilled enough to bite the soft skin in between the fingers.....that HURTS! Other times it is just an annoyance.

Regards intra-fish aggression, in my 14 gallon cube I have failed to keep any midsize/mid water column fish with the Fire Clown (Royal Gramma, Cryptic Wrasse, male Fire Clown), but the female has no interest whatsoever in the 9 tiny gobies I have in the tank, totally ignoring them: green banded gobies, red banded/high fin goby, yellow neon/cleaner hybrids, red striped, yellow clown, and red headed. I guess they are so small that it simply doesn't view them as a threat. Nor has it tried to eat them, which I'm sure it would be capable of doing.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 hour water changes....I don't miss those! In a tank the size you are talking about (mine is 14 gallons) I can change out 80% of the water and do the necessary rinsing of sponges/cleaning of skimmer/ect all in an hour. Half an hour if it is just swapping the water. There is a danger in keeping a smaller tank in that you might not want to go back to the bigger one! Of course you can't keep cool fish in the smaller tank (triggers/tangs/large angels). *sniff*

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 hour water changes....I don't miss those! In a tank the size you are talking about (mine is 14 gallons) I can change out 80% of the water and do the necessary rinsing of sponges/cleaning of skimmer/ect all in an hour. Half an hour if it is just swapping the water. There is a danger in keeping a smaller tank in that you might not want to go back to the bigger one! Of course you can't keep cool fish in the smaller tank (triggers/tangs/large angels). *sniff*

I just wish I can reach in to move stuff instead of getting like 2 grippers to reach in haha!

Tangs are kinda cute.... but my Sailfan tang is growing kinda big and starting to creep me out a little bit.

I try to feed my tangs seaweed, pellets, and then frozen fish... so the little ones can have a chance... but so far only they are getting chunky while the littles ones are still little..

will be attempting to clean out my entire refugium today because hair algae got mixed with chaeto and taking over... should get rid of them before it gets into my DT.. haha

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone try JBJ brand?? Just wondering.. since this has lights too...
A3C9F267-50A8-4522-A0A0-FE13F5184DCD.png

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ended up with the Innovative 10.. Bc they didn’t have waterbox in stock at the local store and I’m too impatient...
now what light to get is the question...

134B3D05-1A3C-4E27-9B99-C2DE09E2B5A4.jpeg

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly now I’m looking at 10... it’s so small hahaha. Next one will be peninsula 15.... puahahhaha
I need a quarantine tank... for.. fish and anemone... all separate... yes....

DrAdkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone try JBJ brand?? Just wondering.. since this has lights too...
A3C9F267-50A8-4522-A0A0-FE13F5184DCD.png
I never could find a return pump for the WB that would fit and more than 80 GPH, too weak. Just replaced with a JBJ 20RL cube.....under $160 on sale and is a huge improvement. They do have a 10 cube also and the stands are nice also.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s the APS stand for me.... I wish Red Sea or waterbox would offer aluminum stands.

Vyper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the IM 14 peninsula. i m going to use it for my coral quarantine tank. Cycling right now but really like the form factor and put it on my desk. Work from home so will be able to monitor daily. I have an IM Nuvo 40 as well and it has been a great starter tank to learn the hobby. I think IM makes great tanks and equipment to go with them.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back