OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girlfriend gets upset with my fish, but she loves our parrots
LOL! My dogs like to watch the fish.. but it’s kinda high for them so I have to lift them up so they can fish watch with me. Birds are super cute too except when they fly around and poop on your hair or steal your jewelry bc they are shiny.. at least my old pets did lol

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... it is only 5.5 inches longer..........
Time to measure out places in my house.. so I can keep this as my secret tank from my husband.. he already thinks I spend way too much on my current tank LOL
Exactly! More room for your clownfish too!

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... it is only 5.5 inches longer..........
Time to measure out places in my house.. so I can keep this as my secret tank from my husband.. he already thinks I spend way too much on my current tank LOL
Since you are from San Jose, check out neptune aquatics! Great fish store.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! My dogs like to watch the fish.. but it’s kinda high for them so I have to lift them up so they can fish watch with me. Birds are super cute too except when they fly around and poop on your hair or steal your jewelry bc they are shiny.. at least my old pets did lol
I train mine to poop right after they come out but yes the occasional poop does happen. I’m trying to teach mine to free fly and come back to me so I don’t have to get their wings clipped. Sorry I know it’s a reef forum haha

Attachments

• 6BBEA94F-5727-44B8-B45F-A01710466D5D.jpeg
    6BBEA94F-5727-44B8-B45F-A01710466D5D.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 16
  • E2EB70EF-7533-47DC-9CD7-5889FCAC57FF.jpeg
    E2EB70EF-7533-47DC-9CD7-5889FCAC57FF.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I train mine to poop right after they come out but yes the occasional poop does happen. I’m trying to teach mine to free fly and come back to me so I don’t have to get their wings clipped. Sorry I know it’s a reef forum haha
Have you tried a mirror to catch them? That’s what I did LOL! I think covid is making me a little crazy, if we don’t get vaccinated soon. I’ll open a mini zoo.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Okay I was thinking of innovative #1 and waterbox 2... for some reason the marketing image on waterbox just looks way better.
Time to order yay!
Good choice they are the clearest out of the 3

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried a mirror to catch them? That’s what I did LOL! I think covid is making me a little crazy, if we don’t get vaccinated soon. I’ll open a mini zoo.
Tried a mirror to catch my bird or the fish haha I’m confused. One of my fish is so aggressive that nothing works but he’s my favorite fish and he’s so healthy so I don’t want to get rid of him.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried a mirror to catch my bird or the fish haha I’m confused. One of my fish is so aggressive that nothing works but he’s my favorite fish and he’s so healthy so I don’t want to get rid of him.
Birds like to watch themselves on the mirror hahaha. This is the clownfish that’s super mean but doesn’t care when other fish are taking over “his” anemone.
I’m more heartless to this clownfish because it wasn’t mine, it was already in the tank LOL!

081B9511-13E0-4985-A606-D0E51269021E.jpeg

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birds like to watch themselves on the mirror hahaha. This is the clownfish that’s super mean but doesn’t care when other fish are taking over “his” anemone.
I’m more heartless to this clownfish because it wasn’t mine, it was already in the tank LOL!

081B9511-13E0-4985-A606-D0E51269021E.jpeg
Oh my birds are so attached to me so I have no problem with trying to catch them. They are always by me, but my flameback angel will kill any and every new fish that comes into my tank so I don’t know what to do

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my birds are so attached to me so I have no problem with trying to catch them. They are always by me, but my flameback angel will kill any and every new fish that comes into my tank so I don’t know what to do
Ah I’ve read that a fish can claim their territory which could be the entire tank or what not. Some suggested to take the aggressive fish out for like 2-3 months when adding a new smaller fish. So you give fine for the smaller fish and the aggressive one to.. adjust? Not sure... either way it’s an excuse to get a nano tank... yes to.. “try putting the clownfish on a time out”

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I have a "no clownfish" rule. They are so pretty, that I desparately want to break that rule.. but no. They are all evil monsters.
My two clowns are the most peaceful fish in my tank, only my flameback is aggressive. He’s like a mass murderer

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I’ve read that a fish can claim their territory which could be the entire tank or what not. Some suggested to take the aggressive fish out for like 2-3 months when adding a new smaller fish. So you give fine for the smaller fish and the aggressive one to.. adjust? Not sure... either way it’s an excuse to get a nano tank... yes to.. “try putting the clownfish on a time out”
I tried doing that every time I put a new fish in, I would take the flameback out then after 1 month I tried putting him back in and he’s back to killing. The only thing he doesn’t mess with is my two clowns and chromis. I put a carpenters wrasse in and he hid under the rocks then my diamond goby gets him so it’s like the goby and angel teamed up to kill everything

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I have a "no clownfish" rule. They are so pretty, that I desparately want to break that rule.. but no. They are all evil monsters.
LOL evil monsters....I’ve heard that they can bite ppl too but I do want to feel this one day. Lol

It’s funny because the other 2 clownfish totally gets along mostly under the giant seabae anemone hiding from the “bully”
I just want them to be freeeeeeeee from all the bullying. Being “god” is really tiring sometimes
61FBCC03-1AFA-4B85-BA6B-210E4F50438F.jpeg

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clown problems wasn't so much that he attacked other fish.. Just that he attacked me all the time. Would just come straight for my hand every time I put it in the tank, biting, attacking. It was impossible to do any maintenance in there. And he would murder various corals by "snuggling" them (he straight up killed 2 favia and 3 heliofungia).

It was the only fish I did not mourn when it jumped out.

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my clown problems wasn't so much that he attacked other fish.. Just that he attacked me all the time. Would just come straight for my hand every time I put it in the tank, biting, attacking. It was impossible to do any maintenance in there. And he would murder various corals by "snuggling" them (he straight up killed 2 favia and 3 heliofungia).

Oh hahahaha did it.. jump out or did you help it jump out? Jk!
Im so curious how a bite from a clownfish feels like.. my cleaner shrimps keeps tickling my hand but so far all the others are still semi scared

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haha, does it hurt? I’ve never felt a clownfish bite before. Mine is pretty calm, I bought them when they were tiny

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back