Your Highest and Lowest PAR Acropora?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do t have par numbers anywhere near that high (500and above). My tank rockwork stops around 270 or so. Sure as they grow upwards they will get more par. But I don’t have the ability to start them in that high of par. I sometimes wonder if I should buy from similar par tanks. Haha

corey

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a few Millie’s wasting away on a frag rack at about 150-200 PAR. As soon as I put them on rock under direct lighting they go kablamo, start colouring back up and show some major polyp extension at 300+ to max 600. They are just tiny frags now. I’m running the Saxby settings on my AI 64HD maxing out at 78% intensity. The tank is only 8 months old.

I love this thread because I have about 30 frags of assorted SPS from Tenuis, torts, stylos, monti’s and Millie’s all ready to go into the display in a few weeks and I’m super obsessed with placement to make the tank look banging.

IMG_6532.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefahholic

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got too high with whites. Was cooking them a bit too much. I noticed growth slowed down, PE decreased, and color was starting to fade. Some of the tips were becoming distorted. What growth I did have was getting so compacted. I just don’t care for the look. Almost immediately after turning it down I saw increased PE, and color started to get better. Tips recovered in about 14 days.

This was before and after I turned it down:
IMG_1495.jpeg

Miyagi Torts always look healthier to me in lower light. When PAR is like 400+ the green disappears.

IMG_1610.jpeg

Bottom LT is more PAR/White.
IMG_1617.jpeg

PC rainbow looks better in lower light. The one I have on the bottom of the tank is outgrowing the one in 450-500 par. The higher par piece is completely red. No other colors at all. This is a daylight pic below:

IMG_1212.jpeg

Most of my SPS seem to be really happy in about 300-450 with less white, no green, and a little red. White starts to become really harsh after a certain percentage, but my system runs fairly clean. It’s different in every system. Plus, white from LED’s is different than white from Metal Haldies or T5’s.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back