Your Latest Aquisition

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the term "latest acquisition" for a search perimeter turns up nothing. How is there not just a general thread to show off new coral, no questions, just sharing photos of stuff you just bought...

Taking advantage of a Memorial Day sale, I picked up this pretty 4x4 Wilsoni. Love these coral!
3c81b4341d6b721f493eaf6eb315f49f.png

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried everything from expensive LEDS/Halides to filters and skimmers... in the end it was adding a DI canister to my RO filter that seems to have worked. It's always the last thing you try.

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, i will be getting a few more pieces in the near future, getting acustumed to my new tank, went from a normal 20gal to a fusion 20

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sucks so hard don't it? Spend a lot of money to kill beautiful things. Its maddening. I think most people give up, but it takes a real "special" sorta person to grow only more determined. With each failure I'd swear that was it, the end. Sure enough a couple weeks later I'd try again.... insanity and repeating actions hoping for a different result... it does feel quite good when eventually something survives. I used to refer to my tank as my toxic waste storage facility, the place where I used my seemingly toxic water to murder coral [emoji4]

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks so hard don't it? Spend a lot of money to kill beautiful things. Its maddening. I think most people give up, but it takes a real "special" sorta person to grow only more determined. With each failure I'd swear that was it, the end. Sure enough a couple weeks later I'd try again.... insanity and repeating actions hoping for a different result... it does feel quite good when eventually something survives. I used to refer to my tank as my toxic waste storage facility, the place where I used my seemingly toxic water to murder coral [emoji4]
I've had and still have a lot of problems with this tank , but like you said I'm determined to get it right because once I've got it down , the results will be worth it ,

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ive learned is that after a failure you must record water parameters and anything else going on in your tank. Lighting, flow, placement...so you can try to pinpoint the issue that killed that frag, then fix it and try again. Have to be patient and observe a lot.

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2291.JPG
Now that you are here, update on my derasa
Looking awesome man! Im by no means a pro. Ive learned lots of things the hard way. Also for those chatting about acro success when you had acro failures how old was tank and what all did you guys have in tank coral wise other than the acros you added? Remove any corals or had any die before you had success? Most softies and lps tend not to play nice with sps especially acros.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back