Your LFS location

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know of best's google docs. Who are the other two?
Best Fish Stock List (that you already know about)
The other two are on facebook.
Here's the Aquatics Unlimited Facebook Live from last Saturday. They do also post a "New Saltwater Arrivals", by which they mean "Fish that cleared their 28 day humblefish style QT"
Wet Dreams posts their stock list every Friday on their facebook page.

Unrelated, but I found it interesting about 6 months back that Aquatics Unlimited finally changed their URL to AquaticsUnlimited dot com, instead of BestFish dot com, which meant Best Fish had to use BestFish dot us. It does look like they still own the domain, so it'll be interesting to see if they do give it up. I hope they do. If they don't, the "we were using it first" claim seems like it's actually "we just don't want them to have it".

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main regular stop @Absolutely Fish is like 35 min away.

Reefco is probably my second most frequent and it's about an hour.

I have traveled about 4 hours back when I lived in NC to go from Wilmington to Charlotte and

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed bag in mequon. Best fish in Milwaukee .aquatics unlimited all 30 minutes or less from me. Premium aquatics is about 15. Aquatics unlimited is too pricey now though so haven’t been in a while. The best though is @Lousybreed or Luca is about 5 minutes from me.
Does Luca still sell? No idea who that is. Best Fish haven’t looked good the last few times I’ve been in. Aquatics unlimited fish prices are insane but they are quarantining almost everything. There is a shop in Waukesha but it has weird hours, it hasn’t been open the last few times I’ve stopped during business hours.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Does Luca still sell? No idea who that is. Best Fish haven’t looked good the last few times I’ve been in. Aquatics unlimited fish prices are insane but they are quarantining almost everything. There is a shop in Waukesha but it has weird hours, it hasn’t been open the last few times I’ve stopped during business hours.
To my knowledge, not selling but I know he was entertaining selling lights and possibly small acrylic tanks

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the few benefits of living in North Jersey is the two great LFS there. Takes me about a half hour. Sea Level in Pine Brook is my go to and has been since they opened around 10 years or so ago. Only place local to me that I'd ever buy fish. Great selection of reef centric gear and dry goods, very healthy fish and corals, most importantly the folks that work there are extremely helpful. Prior to that I would go to Absolutely Fish a lot in Clifton and I still pop in their once in a while as they often have some very nice frags.

sadrobotz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 4 that I frequent. One is about 10 minutes away, another about 15, and the other two around 25 minutes away. All are stellar shops with amazing products/livestock/staff. I am in Denver, and these stores are Neptune's Tropical Fish, About Fish, Ray's Tank, and Murmann's Reef.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How far is everyone traveling to their LFS?
How far are you willing to travel to an LFS?

I travel about 1 hour to LFS and have gone as Far as 2.5 hours.
TSM used to be about 20 or so minutes away, but they just moved and are only 15 mins away now.
I do have a second one that also usually has a good selection that is also about 20 minutes away, but they do not QT, TSM does.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All of my LFS are over an hour away. That being said, I won't travel to them anymore. The reason being because every time I go they never have anything I want. I'd rather pay for overnight shipping on a box of livestock that I do want than waste my time, money, and wear and tear on the vehicle to go to a LFS.

Rob&VC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 minutes to Petco for frozen food. An hour to a mixed pet store fish, lizards, etc. The only reef store in the state is 1.5 hours away and keeps inconsistent hours. Been there once several years ago.

There are some decent reef stores in Massachusetts about 3 hours, some near my folks but I haven't set foot in a good fish store in several years.
I live in the northeast kingdom and feel your pain. There is a large mixed pet shop about 1 1/2 hour a way which is hit or miss with saltwater stuff and a petco about an hour away...otherwise its online shopping for me.

LeDart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is about 30 minutes to my favorite LFS, they have a great selection of corals, fish can be lacking however they are very cheap, but they always have something new, one time they had a couple goatfish, another time they had a 6 inch gem tang for $500. Very great store overall, he even has two pico reefs of 5.2 and 4.3 gallon, they recently bought a bamboo shark for their large display also.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back